Search

Chisholm agents to train other centers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2011, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Andy1369
What's so bad about CVG? Curious.
Its not that they are bad...they just are not as in to their jobs as Chisholm. When I get Chisholm, no matter how complex and ridiculous my request is they attack it. With most CSR reps (in any industry) you get the first 5 minutes as an explanation of what you already know and why it can or cant be done. This is a typical Chisohlm call for me:

Hello Mr AvidFlyer how are ya taday.

Me: I am great but I have this INT J award and I would like to see if there are any cheaper/better options.

Chisholm: Let me see what I can do (note no comment about any rules or why the award is priced like it is or any of that...just on it)

Chisholm: Well look at that. I can get you that same trip for 25000 less miles on KE and you get in 2 hours earlier!

Me: SWEEEET. Thank You!

Chisholm: You Betcha Mr AvidFlyer. Have a wonderful day.

All you need to do is tell them what you are trying to do and they will dig into their bag of tricks to make it happen if it is at all possible. On one occasion I told the rep that it was fine, the routing is not that bad, and please do not worry about it. She flat out refused and eventually got me exactly what I wanted.

THAT is the difference between the folks at Chisholm and most other CS orgs I deal with (again...not just in the airline industry).
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:41 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Its not that they are bad...they just are not as in to their jobs as Chisholm. When I get Chisholm, no matter how complex and ridiculous my request is they attack it. With most CSR reps (in any industry) you get the first 5 minutes as an explanation of what you already know and why it can or cant be done. This is a typical Chisohlm call for me:

Me: I am great but I have this INT J award and I would like to see if there are any cheaper/better options.

Chisholm: Let me see what I can do (note no comment about any rules or why the award is priced like it is or any of that...just on it)

Chisholm: Well look at that. I can get you that same trip for 25000 less miles on KE and you get in 2 hours earlier!

All you need to do is tell them what you are trying to do and they will dig into their bag of tricks to make it happen if it is at all possible. On one occasion I told the rep that it was fine, the routing is not that bad, and please do not worry about it. She flat out refused and eventually got me exactly what I wanted.

THAT is the difference between the folks at Chisholm and most other CS orgs I deal with (again...not just in the airline industry).
So so well said AvidFlyer and exactly how it happen with Chisholm 99.999% of the time.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
excuse my ignorance, but does everyone ask what call center their talking to?
Old Dec 7, 2011, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
Originally Posted by Robert Leach
That is the most balanced comment I have ever seen from you, and I think it is a correct summation of the situation.
I try to be honest and balanced when called for. There are many many good things I've experienced since my beloved NW became DL. Inflight and overall service. However, things like the SkyPesos program and it's frankly poor, unsincere communication, less award availability, higher miles required for awards and dumb things like the 72 hour rule sometimes cause unbalanced comments from me here. @:-)

Originally Posted by hnewman
We did that a number of years ago during the NW days about the year before the buyout. I was the treasurer. I would be happy to do that again even though I got 1 call answer by them!
As your co-organizer of the NW Elite Services team appreciation events, I look forward to the day we all decide service is high enough and kudos are said enough that we do an appreciation for all elite agents from SLC, HIB, CVG, ATL, MSP, SEA, etc. It's a positive step to have them train other call centers, but a better step would be Delta giving us back unfettered access to Chisholm ASAP.
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
excuse my ignorance, but does everyone ask what call center their talking to?
I often don't know where my calls go. But when it's a Minnesottan that answers, you know

In this latest pleasant experience the CSR asked me about the weather, and I politely asked back.

Edit: Seriously, it's like asking "How did you know that person was from the Bronx?"
Old Dec 7, 2011, 6:23 pm

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
As your co-organizer of the NW Elite Services team appreciation events, I look forward to the day we all decide service is high enough and kudos are said enough that we do an appreciation for all elite agents from SLC, HIB, CVG, ATL, MSP, SEA, etc. It's a positive step to have them train other call centers, but a better step would be Delta giving us back unfettered access to Chisholm ASAP.
It is a good hope. I just added to my Christmas list at the top.

what about we get to pick the call Center. Hit 1 for SLC 2 for HIB, 3 for CVG 4 for ATL, 5 for MSP and 6 for SEA.

Been down all these paths. Trust me I would only hit 3 or 5.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avidflyer

Great characterization, I can't agree more. Chisholm gets stuff done, everywhere else seems to have excuse after excuse.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 1:53 am

Programs: DL, QF, QR Gold, MR Lifetime Gold
Good news! Chisholm agents rock! ^
Old Dec 8, 2011, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by Andy1369
What's so bad about CVG? Curious.
I will give you an example of what happened in an earlier call to CVG before I got the Chisholm agent to use my SWUs. This is very typical.

-------------------------

Me: I need to go to AMS and would like to use my SWUs. Can you see if upgrades are available on that day. I presently have XXX-ATL-AMS, but can easily change my flight to connect in any hub.

CVG: I am looking at your itinerary. No Z available on that flight.

Me: Thats fine, I understand...how about DTW or MSP to AMS.

CVG: There is nothing available that day.

Me: I see Z5 for the MSP-AMS on EF.

CVG (in an grumpy irritated voice): Sir, there is nothing available for any flights to AMS that day.

Me: Ok then, I will call back.

Now, this is what happens with Chisholm.

Me: I need to go to AMS and would like to use my SWUs. Can you see if upgrades are available on that day. I presently have XXX-ATL-AMS, but can easily change my flight to connect in any hub.

Chisholm: I am looking at your itinerary. No Z available on that flight. But let me check others. (few seconds) MEM is showing great availability. There are also a couple on MSP-AMS.

Me: Great! How about ATL or DTW. Those times work better for me.

Chisholm: Let me check. Unfortunatley, there isn't anything. Hold on for a minute though. Let me check something else. (few seconds) I just checked KLM and you can do ATL-AMS on the KLM flight....

What a difference!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.