Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SMI (or his understudy Michelle) Challenge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1st Class Only

From Delta.com Website:

What's Ahead
Our Action Plan

Online Award Experience
We are redesigning the Award Travel booking process and calendar on Delta.com to improve the Award redemption experience. We plan to continue improving the display of Award seats and other issues to provide better online Award Travel booking. We began making these improvements in May 2010 and have completed many of them. We will continue to improve the online experience on delta.com to offer more functionality to customers through the first quarter of 2011. For example, we will continue to redesign the Award Travel booking process and further improve the pricing and availability display of the calendar. And, we will add even more search options and display flight amenities.

Mileage Upgrade Award
We will add the ability to redeem mileage upgrade Awards online.

Miles and Money Award
We will re-introduce the former PerkChoice program, which allowed members to combine miles and money when buying a ticket. This program feature will supplement our existing Pay with Miles program for current Delta SkyMiles Gold, Platinum and Reserve SkyMiles Cardmembers from American Express.

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE ON THESE!!!

I know the ability to online mileage upgrade award "promise" has been there for all of 2011. Good grief, if you are not going to do it, just take it off the site. If you are working on it at all, a simple update would be appreciated.

You seem to get really perked up announcing new "benefits" that make you money (ie. EC, "72 hours or bust" or "buy a bushel of MQM's"), but not those that would give us a better customer experience.
Old Dec 1, 2011, 11:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
I do recall around the merger saying something like Perkchoice would come back. Much better than pay with miles if you ask me.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:12 am

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Originally Posted by mnredfox
I do recall around the merger saying something like Perkchoice would come back. Much better than pay with miles if you ask me.
Pay With Miles is useless for a large segment of the population that doesn't have a Delta Amex. Good riddance. At the time of the merger, they did speak about bringing PerkChoice back, I just don't know what is taking it so darn long.
Old Dec 2, 2011, 6:50 am

Originally Posted by mesabadad

Mileage Upgrade Award
We will add the ability to redeem mileage upgrade Awards online.

HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE ON THESE!!!

I know the ability to online mileage upgrade award "promise" has been there for all of 2011.
It has actually been on there since late 2009, originally advertising a solution by mid-2010. The dates on these actual enhancements seem to keep climbing into oblivion. So much for that...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.