Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Move 500 MQM for a flight on Delta to AS or FB or become DM?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat

Hello everyone.

So I have a dilemma: I am currently GM but with one last trip planned to Korea for the holidays, I will be making PM and will only end up with 300 rollover MQMs to next year.

So I've asked about becoming a PM over GM and I'm thinking I'd rather stay GM with nearly 25K rollover MQMs.

Is there a way I can credit the 500 MQM elsewhere or just ask DL to take it off? Or will I end up having to not credit the near 7000 miles it takes to get to Korea? Or, should I just suck it up and become DM even though I might only make enough in miles next year to be a FO?

Last edited by Pathfinder813; Nov 22, 2011 at 10:26 am Reason: Accidentally wrote DM instead of PM. Oops.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:25 am

Programs: DL Silver/1MM - EK Platinum - HH Gold
Do you mean PM?
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, UA Premier, AA Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by DLItaly
Do you mean PM?
Sorry, I feel like a fool. I meant PM. Hahaha, I'm still recovering from my 4 day bachelor party in Vegas this past weekend.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL - KM DM, DL 1.57 MM, UA - 1P, AA - EXP HH - Diamond, PC - Platinum, SPG - Gold, Hertz 5*
Since it is this time of year and there are multiple threads asking the same thing each day...the same answer is:
1. It depends on the amount of travel expected next year
2. Is free award redeposit important to you
3. Where are you flying from/to and how is your upgrade % as a GM
4. Is Choice Benefit important (SWU, Gift Silver status)
5. International EC is free for PM, discounted for GM

GM is Elite Plus now so International Lounge access will be the same

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.