Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Free bags on domestic leg after customs?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:17 pm
Original Poster

Don't quite understand the wording on the Delta FAQ page-

I am flying from CDG to BOS (all on Delta in the back of the plane), the domestic section of the trip requires a co-terminal connection between JFK and LGA, will I be charged a baggage fee for the LGA-BOS portion? Obviously after customs at JFK I pick up my bag at the baggage transfer point and drag it myself to LGA, but will I need to pay the domestic fee? Not sure if its one ticket, can't find the ticket no. on my confirmation, however it is all in one locator record.

On the way over I'm J class from JFK to CDG, I assume no extra fee for the BOS-LGA portion as I am a J passenger, again not sure if its the same ticket.

Begs the question how can I easily get my ticket(s) number?

Thanks
SAS
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:49 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EP, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Platinum
You shouldn't be charged. If the entire flight shows up with your confirmation number, then you should be fee-free as it is an international originating flight with a connection.

If the kiosk says to pay, exit the check-in and go to an agent. If you tell the agent you're coming from an INTL flight at JFK for a connection on the same ticket/confirmation, they'll waive it if it's asking for $$.

To see your ticket number, log in to your DL account. Click the itinerary and it'll show everything about the flight times, flight numbers, etc. Scroll to the bottom of the page and it'll have your name and ticket number listed there (theoretically).
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Unrelated to your question, you may be interested in Delta's Contract of Carriage Rule 150

EXCEPTION: Passengers making connection at LGA/EWR/JFK airports to/from international flights scheduled to depart no more than 6 hours after the scheduled arrival of the passenger's flight at LGA/EWR/JFK airports will be provided ground transportation between above mentioned airports under the following conditions (...)
Old Nov 22, 2011, 8:54 am
Original Poster

Ticket No & Baggage fees & CoC

Thanks all, for your help in finding the ticket no. associated with my confirmation; also thinks for the advise regarding no baggage fees for my international itinerary. As regard Sect 150 of Delta's CoC, not sure if the transfer from LGA to JFK (and vice-versa) only pertains to Involuntary stand-by folks or any passenger. Anyone have some more insight.

SAS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.