Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival shower at SEA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Arrival shower at SEA?

I'm flying AMS-SEA in Y. No SC member. Is there anywhere to shower before I pick up my car?
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:39 am

Programs: UA 1K, AS MVPG, DL GM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Statguy
I'm flying AMS-SEA in Y. No SC member. Is there anywhere to shower before I pick up my car?
The new SkyClub has a shower. After immigration you would just take a quick left back up some escalators and then take a left off the escalators and there you will find an elevator that goes up to the lounges. The new rooftop SkyClub has 1 shower in the mens room and 1 in the ladies room. Usually the club isn't too crowded so that would probably be your best bet.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 3:46 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by Statguy
If you are GM or above, you will get SC access through SkyTeam Elite-Plus (don't know the arrangement club-wise at SEA). Otherwise, you might be wise to purchase a day pass. Are you terminating in SEA?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 12:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Zomba
If you are GM or above, you will get SC access through SkyTeam Elite-Plus (don't know the arrangement club-wise at SEA). Otherwise, you might be wise to purchase a day pass. Are you terminating in SEA?
Yes, I am terminating in Seattle. I am Gold. Will I have access, or will I need to purchase a day pass?
Old Nov 21, 2011, 1:13 am

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
The good news is that if you can physically get to the club, you should have access as a Gold Medallion on a same day international itinerary - the privileges extend to both departure and arrival lounges. (You can also use the KLM lounge in Amsterdam for free, if you want to.)

The bad news is that it's going to be hit or miss whether you can access the club. To do so, you would need to reclear TSA security in Seattle - by default, passengers arriving in Seattle exit immigration directly to baggage claim without a security recheck, but the club is behind security.

You'll need to go through the 'connecting passengers' lane, and hope that the TSA agents permit you into the gate area by virtue of your SEA-AMS boarding pass. No clue if this will work or not, but I certainly wouldn't count on it. If you're denied, you may be able to get through by telling the TSA staff that you want to access the Sky Club - and if not, you might be able to find a Delta rep and get them to offer you a gate pass.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.