Wiki Posts
Search

Delta shows heart to me, once again

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Gold
Delta shows heart to me, once again

Always like to share the good as well as the bad. I have had a lot more good dealing with Delta than bad, always seem to get understanding agents when something bad happens on my end, and good help when something bad (flight disruptions) happens on their end.

My latest story. My elderly mother has been going down hill, so my adult daughter (in graduate school) wanted to visit her. Yesterday we made plans using miles for my daughter to fly from Vancouver to FLL. Today, my Mom ends up in the hospital with congestive heart failure, and my Dad asks that my daughter delay her trip until he has a better feel for how things will be. Being we used miles, the 24 hour free cancellation doesn't hold, but when I told my story to the agent, she arranged to waive the $150 redeposit fee (I am only Gold). I had asked if it could be waived, but also said I understood rules were rules, and would easily live with the redeposit fee. When I expressed my thanks she said "I have elderly parents too".

Thanks Delta. things aren't always great, but I have yet to run into an agent who hasn't taken the time to listen to my story, and try to make me happy. this was not the first time personal issues have caused a change in plans, and every time Delta has helped.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL DM, LH SEN, Mariott Titanium
Thanks for posting a positive note. I have been fed up by the wealth of complaining and "how much compensation should I get" crap recently
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:23 pm

I'm glad to hear about this. Positive outcomes do need to be documented here too (as I can only imagine the morale of the Delta employees who have to read the various -- and valid -- complaints we all come up with).

I hope your mother gets better soon!
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL GM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
+1
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oh912flyer
+1
Thanks very much for the kind thoughts.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:31 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
Originally Posted by KP2006
Thanks for posting a positive note. I have been fed up by the wealth of complaining and "how much compensation should I get" crap recently
+1
Old Nov 15, 2011, 5:38 pm

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Marriott Gold, Hilton, Hertz
Originally Posted by DLcoop1977
+1
+2 ^
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: Diamond Hilton, Titanium Marriott, Delta DM, President Circle Herz, NIGHTS IN OWN BED 2022 28
If you have not already, copy your post and send it to delta. I have learned that it helps delta understand that we appreciate when they do the right thing, plus the person who helped you receives recongnition. The more we thank the good workers is just as important as compaining about the bad ones.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
If you have not already, copy your post and send it to delta. I have learned that it helps delta understand that we appreciate when they do the right thing, plus the person who helped you receives recongnition. The more we thank the good workers is just as important as compaining about the bad ones.
I did, and I agree. It is very good for Delta to see that frequent flyers, even "lowly" Golds, appreciate the good workers and a company that allows good workers to make decisions that helps breed brand loyalty.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
It benefits us all when we share those stories with Delta. Nice post.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, various hotel
I've found Delta to be extremely good in family emergencies. They've done all sorts of good things for me in bad situations.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Diamondkellen
I have before,just in May I sent them a note about a fantastic FA .
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by SamOF
I've found Delta to be extremely good in family emergencies. They've done all sorts of good things for me in bad situations.
+1
Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by DJMeatBall
+1

Very nice to hear that DL did the right thing in this situation and helped you out in a time where extra stress and anxiety certainly weren't needed! I would say, above and beyond and kudos to DL!
Old Nov 16, 2011, 7:56 am

The small things like that don't cost them anything, but create good will, and you cannot put a price or value on the good will of customers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.