Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oasis Lounge - JFK Access

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CO-Plat, DL Plat, AA Gold, US Air Silver, Hertz Gold, Marriott, SPG Gold, Avis,
Oasis Lounge - JFK Access

I just flew a transcon - PHX to JFK which grants me access to DL Sky Club. Will it also grant me access to Oasis Lounge in T4? If so, how would I get to T4? Is the lounge on the sterile side or the public side?

Thanks

-Z
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by zjacoby
I just flew a transcon - PHX to JFK which grants me access to DL Sky Club. Will it also grant me access to Oasis Lounge in T4? If so, how would I get to T4? Is the lounge on the sterile side or the public side?

Thanks

-Z
It's landside.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by zjacoby

Thanks

-Z
Ordinarily, it shouldn't grant you access. However, its on the public side
Old Nov 7, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
Ordinarily, it shouldn't grant you access.
Incorrect. Oasis Lounge is listed as an approved location for transcon premium cabin passengers, as well as for Sky Club members (assuming OP was up front or an SC member).

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:00 pm

Programs: Delta, Avios, Chase
I don't think Oasis is an arrivals lounge, so you may not get access.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:21 pm
Original Member

Programs: Lifetime Platinum Marriott
It is on the Public side and not worth the trip.

It is a small lounge but they do have nice food.
If you are at T4 and have time to kill, not bad but I would not travel there for it.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:43 pm
mpp

It does not work as an arrivals lounge. Also, even as a departures lounge I have tried multiple times to use with a first class transcon ticket and been turned away.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
I've had no issues using it for connections in the domestic to international direction. I had several hours to kill so the journey there and back wasn't a big deal. Plus I was traveling in BE so I didn't mind the exercise prior to flight.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Skyteam
I would say it's about 10 minutes walk.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CX, DL, Nexus/GE, APEC
Access to T4 JFK Oasis lounge is ST E+ (GM PM DM KM) on international itinerary. I have seen many turned away with only SC membership. It is landside so you need to exit out of T3, head over to T4 and then (in most of my trips) back to T2 and TSA.

It has better snack (real food) and beverage selections.

This is God sent for me as I get access to it transiting JFK YYZ after TPAC trips.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:04 am
Suspended

Yes, You Can Get In But . . .

Originally Posted by bennos
Incorrect. Oasis Lounge is listed as an approved location for transcon premium cabin passengers, as well as for Sky Club members (assuming OP was up front or an SC member).

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...ions/index.jsp
Yes, you can probably get in but do you want to do that and then go back through security--sometimes very busy--to get to your flight?
Old Nov 8, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by tentseller
Access to T4 JFK Oasis lounge is ST E+ (GM PM DM KM) on international itinerary. I have seen many turned away with only SC membership. It is landside so you need to exit out of T3, head over to T4 and then (in most of my trips) back to T2 and TSA.

It has better snack (real food) and beverage selections.

This is God sent for me as I get access to it transiting JFK YYZ after TPAC trips.
When looking at the Check-In Desk for the Oasis Lounge, look to your left and down a little bit (towards the agents computer) and there used to be (at least as of 5 weeks ago) a sign that says (I think even in BOLD) SkyClub member are to be admitted with the need to be traveling that day (or something very similar to that).

Dan
Old Nov 8, 2011, 10:17 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
The one nice thing about the Oasis is that it doesnt attract a lot of kids, families, and other non-essential personnel. Although it is on the small side, the food is great, has a self serve bar and you get great views of the Apron and runways around T4 and T 5
Old Nov 22, 2011, 3:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Lifetime Diamond, DL Diamond & 2M Miler, Marriott Titanium
When they said it couldn't be done, it happened

Apparently the rules for admittance are quite fluid. The Delta rep at the desk in T4 made a phone call and said I couldn't get in unless I was traveling in international business class. Undeterred I walked over and was admitted without delay. I'm traveling from JFK to SAN in X class. No international itinerary. I really like the hot and cold food options and self service bar.

I couldn't get in upon arrival yesterday from SAN, so I called the Diamond desk. Was told that even Sky Clubs won't admit passengers upon arrival, which is completely false. Hung up in disgust of the lack of knowledge of their own product.
Old Nov 22, 2011, 4:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL Platinum, AS, AF/KL, UA, VS, HA, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by BNAChairman
Apparently the rules for admittance are quite fluid. The Delta rep at the desk in T4 made a phone call and said I couldn't get in unless I was traveling in international business class. Undeterred I walked over and was admitted without delay. I'm traveling from JFK to SAN in X class. No international itinerary. I really like the hot and cold food options and self service bar.

I couldn't get in upon arrival yesterday from SAN, so I called the Diamond desk. Was told that even Sky Clubs won't admit passengers upon arrival, which is completely false. Hung up in disgust of the lack of knowledge of their own product.
I wouldn't term the admittance rules as fluid but more like confused idiocy.

One time at the Oasis lounge after showing my SC Card, the lounge dragon stated, "Diner's Club only." Uh, yeah. I had another experience at a DL SC (JFK T3) where the lounge dragon denied me entry even with SC membership. She said I needed "full Sky Club membership" despite my "full membership" SC card being presented to her. After arguing with her for about a minute, she let me in as if she was bending the rules.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.