Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL taking over SEA-CDG in March

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
DL will find a 767 full every single day SEA-CDG IMO. Microsoft alone will keep that plane full - just as they do the AMS flight(s).

AF used to alternate between an A330 and A340 on the SEA-CDG flights. I never looked it up but would see the A340 parked at the S terminal at least 2x a week.

Just curious why DL is going to operate it now considering DL/AF share 50% revenue on the flight regardless of who is operating it. I'm guessing DL wants to drive the prices higher and AF doesn't have the smaller equipment to use on the flight so DL can run a 767 and up ticket prices as the lower fare buckets sell out more quickly.

Good luck using those SWU's...

-RM
Old Nov 5, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, AA Exec. Plat., HHonors Gold, Marriot Silver, Hertz Pres. Circle, Starwood Gold, etc.
That's too bad. Being based in SEA, I enjoyed being able to fly Affaires class to CDG for ~1700 AI and a SWU. No chance of that happening on DL.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 3:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA Silver, BA Gold, DL Gold
Originally Posted by james318
I can't believe you said that with a straight face.
Why? They are easy to use. I call the PM line, tell them the flights I want and that I want to upgrade and they do it. It really isn't that hard. And I stand by my statement that the availability is excellent. I'm under no illusions that part of the good availability is down to the cost, but availability is what matters to me, more than cost. For those that care more about cost, then that may be small consolation, but expensive is not the same as hard to use.
Old Nov 5, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: Delta Ballast Medallion, Card Carrying Honorary KM
Well a lot of SEA folks are happy -
Old Nov 5, 2011, 5:10 pm

Programs: UA-1K; DL-1MM; SPG-P75; Marriot-P
Just left SEA after 14 years (NW PE all the time) before the new SC got opened. Using the SWUs on AF was the only reason which prevented me from jumping ship. This was the only reason to get SWUs in the first place.

That said, I am now 3 months into my move to EWR and consequently *A, and believe it or not, do I miss good old Delta...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 12:33 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by RobOnLI
DL will find a 767 full every single day SEA-CDG IMO. Microsoft alone will keep that plane full - just as they do the AMS flight(s)...
Keep in mind that AF has not run that flight 7x per week year round. Seasonally, yes. But not all year round. In fact, for SEA-based folks doing business in Paris, it wasn't terribly convenient in the winter (no westbound on Friday, for example, and no eastbound on Monday).
Old Nov 6, 2011, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Gnopps
As a persistent economy class flyer, this is bad news for me. With more comfortable seats, better food, avod and free alcohol AF economy is much better than DL.
The 767-300ER refurbishment brings new overheads, new seats, and AVOD/USB power to coach (plus proper lie-flats to Business Elite). Economy Comfort yields leg room, free booze (and AC power, I thought, but can't quickly find the reference). In total it should be a competitive product.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 6:48 am

And SEA-CDG was one of the 50% off mileage awards in Flying Blue for next year. 50k RT in Affaires if you book by the end of this year.

Unfortunately now only 3 months worth to fly it.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Lame. There's no way I'm booking this flight if there's a chance I'll end up on an unrefurbished 763. (Similarly, DL ran two AMS flights over the summer - DL232 on an A330 and DL224 on a 767, and I consistently refused to book 224...) If Delta does intend on using the converted aircraft with lie-flats, that's great, but they need to give them a different aircraft type designator and start committing to that aircraft type in advance so passengers can make informed decisions.

Doubly lame because this AF flight was the only one I had successfully been able to use systemwide upgrades on in the past, from Premium Voyageur to Affaires. As someone who pays for my own tickets I simply can't justify $2500+ for an M fare, and the loss of Air France ex-Seattle basically ends the utility of systemwide upgrades for me entirely.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:22 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by BenA
Lame. There's no way I'm booking this flight if there's a chance I'll end up on an unrefurbished 763. (Similarly, DL ran two AMS flights over the summer - DL232 on an A330 and DL224 on a 767, and I consistently refused to book 224...) If Delta does intend on using the converted aircraft with lie-flats, that's great, but they need to give them a different aircraft type designator and start committing to that aircraft type in advance so passengers can make informed decisions.

Doubly lame because this AF flight was the only one I had successfully been able to use systemwide upgrades on in the past, from Premium Voyageur to Affaires. As someone who pays for my own tickets I simply can't justify $2500+ for an M fare, and the loss of Air France ex-Seattle basically ends the utility of systemwide upgrades for me entirely.
soon, when the 763's are completey redone, your gonna miss the old 767 cradle seat. I know I will.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by nypdLieu
soon, when the 763's are completey redone, your gonna miss the old 767 cradle seat. I know I will.
Not so much.... ugh.

The one exception might be if they stop rotating the 763ER through SEA-ATL - as much as I hate the cradles, they are better than a sharp poke in the eye, and I will admit to enjoying the better-than-domestic-first seats on that route

Especially when the ground services folks get confused and provide the international blankets, mmmmm...
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Economy Comfort yields leg room...
Premium Voyageur is a much better PE product than Economy Comfort, and better than WT+ on BA for that matter. This switch eliminates the best TATL option ex-SEA for those who cannot or will not spend for business class. Major downer.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
The 767-300ER refurbishment brings new overheads, new seats, and AVOD/USB power to coach (plus proper lie-flats to Business Elite). Economy Comfort yields leg room, free booze (and AC power, I thought, but can't quickly find the reference). In total it should be a competitive product.
Until the 767 refurbishment is completed, those getting the 767 planes have what guarantee that the plane will have been refurbished to provide the above first sentence items in economy class? None?

DL's still flying 757s TATL without any seatback video entertainment -- great if wanting to reminisce about the days of flying PanAm 4 decades ago but on a single-aisle plane instead -- and that's been a progress in work for sometime now too. DL's 757s or 767s, refurbishment talk sounds great and is good, except when its your flight that doesn't have the refurbishment completed yet, yet, and yet again.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:47 pm

Programs: DL Platinum & MM, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
This is also likely bad news for low-level business awards. Availability was decent on the AF flights, and I expect it will be nil at the low level with DL metal. While I would much rather fly Delta I also don't want to be fleeced.
Old Nov 6, 2011, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by Loran
While I would much rather fly Delta...
Not me. Not the 767, nor the food, nor the FAs. As an AS MVP I'll either drive up to YVR to fly KL, or -- more likely -- hop down to SFO to fly AF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.