Wiki Posts
Search

DTW to GRU then GRU to ATL questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2011, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

DTW to GRU then GRU to ATL questions

Hi,

This will be my first time flying to Sao Paulo next month for a business tripand I was wondering if anyone has flown this route in BE? A couple of quick:
  • How are the BE seats in the 767-300 ER? Are they like the full recline?
  • Anyone knows how to get from Sao Paulo to Jundiai? Can I commute from Sao Paulo every day?

Thanks for the help,

Tam
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:15 pm

Have not flown the route but 767-300ER are being refurbished with the true lie flat, the problem is that only 3 ships have been updated and they are rotating those ships between different markets.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA PS, MR Plt, A-Club Plt, HH G, Avis First
I flew this routing last week and there were no lie-flats. These planes definitely need a little love as they are looking beat. On my return, the connection for the headsets and personal reading light wasn't working for half the flight. Also, an overhead bin kept popping open and the FA finally taped it shut.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 2:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM
I fly this and the EZE route pretty regularly. I've seen better luck on the GRU - ATL leg for the lie-flats than GRU - DTW which has been the cradle seats every time I've flown. As eloraculo said, it's pretty much luck of the draw on whether you get them or not.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by phoennix10
Hi,

This will be my first time flying to Sao Paulo next month for a business tripand I was wondering if anyone has flown this route in BE? A couple of quick:
  • How are the BE seats in the 767-300 ER? Are they like the full recline?
  • Anyone knows how to get from Sao Paulo to Jundiai? Can I commute from Sao Paulo every day?

Thanks for the help,

Tam
I guess that I have had better luck than most as my recent trips (ATL-GRU-ATL) have been on the refurbished planes with full lie-flat.

As for getting to Jundiai, AFAIK there is no direct bus service from GRU to Jundiai...just service to Campinas. The only way I know to do this is to take a transfer bus from GRU to Congonhas, then a taxi to the main bus terminal and catch a bus to Jundiai from there. Fortunately, my friends and family in Jundiai just meet me at GRU for the short ride to Jundiai. PM me if you have other questions.

It is possible to commute to Sao Paulo from Jundiai. Many people do it everyday. However, the drive is typically highly congested, accidents and delays daily, and the traffic in Sao Paulo horrendous.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:23 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by gsorob
I guess that I have had better luck than most as my recent trips (ATL-GRU-ATL) have been on the refurbished planes with full lie-flat.

As for getting to Jundiai, AFAIK there is no direct bus service from GRU to Jundiai...just service to Campinas. The only way I know to do this is to take a transfer bus from GRU to Congonhas, then a taxi to the main bus terminal and catch a bus to Jundiai from there. Fortunately, my friends and family in Jundiai just meet me at GRU for the short ride to Jundiai. PM me if you have other questions.

It is possible to commute to Sao Paulo from Jundiai. Many people do it everyday. However, the drive is typically highly congested, accidents and delays daily, and the traffic in Sao Paulo horrendous.
The ATL-GRU/GRU-ATL has been on the 767-400 which has the true lie-flat. I don't think it's a matter of luck; it's advertised as such.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the response. Hopefully i'll be on an updated plane.

GRU to ATL is actually on a 767-300ER. I looked it up in my itinerary. So, maybe the 400 is on different day.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat (4m+), AF Plat, A3 Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat/Ambassador
All of the US-GRU flights are 763-advertised.

Taking the JFK-GRU in a few weeks and hoping for a 764 IRROPS... :-)

Bottom line is.... so much discussion on GRU routes... time that DL heed the message! READ= DEMAND
:-)
Old Oct 26, 2011, 7:37 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I've been doing US to GRU quite a bit over the last year and a half and they switched the 400 for a 300 out of Atlanta a couple of months back.

The ATL regulars were not happy. There was alot of grumbling in the SkyClub.

I've been on JFK, ATL, DTW and they are now all the old Barcalounger BE seats.
Old Oct 27, 2011, 1:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by slipbeer
I've been doing US to GRU quite a bit over the last year and a half and they switched the 400 for a 300 out of Atlanta a couple of months back.

The ATL regulars were not happy. There was alot of grumbling in the SkyClub.

I've been on JFK, ATL, DTW and they are now all the old Barcalounger BE seats.
Yes, all GRU flights are now on 767-300ER. Not sure if this is a seasonal adjustment or what, but it changed a few months ago. JFK and DTW were -300 and ATL was -400, but now all are -300.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tower18
Yes, all GRU flights are now on 767-300ER. Not sure if this is a seasonal adjustment or what, but it changed a few months ago. JFK and DTW were -300 and ATL was -400, but now all are -300.
I'm taking this route in December (usually fly to GRU 5x a year). ATL-GRU and JFK-GRU are both on the 764 (lie flats), DTW-GRU is on 763 (with cradle seats).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.