FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Any DL/SkyTeam loyalists jumping on the OneWorld MegaDo? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1269661-any-dl-skyteam-loyalists-jumping-oneworld-megado.html)

AndyTLe Nov 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 17487515)
I'd never heard of the MegaDO, how does one get in on it? invite only?

Usually first come first serve. The OneWorld MegaDO sold out almost immediately with an extensive waiting list. Unfortunately the organizers weren't successful in getting a bigger plane to accomodate all the people that wanted to attend.

tanktronic Nov 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Maybe I'm the only one lost here..but what the hell is a MegaDO?

Frequent Miler Nov 20, 2011 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by xolinlevh (Post 17487515)
I'd never heard of the MegaDO, how does one get in on it? invite only?

Watch threads like these and there will be an announcement once they allow sign ups. The One World DO coming in January sold out in less than half an hour, though. People who went to a planning event got first dibs to get in, so once a planning event is announced for the sky team DO, I'm going to make sure I can go to it!

hockeystl Nov 20, 2011 6:05 pm

Gotta make this DO! Calendar noted for Nov 12.

Frequent Miler Nov 21, 2011 2:21 pm

Originally Posted by tanktronic (Post 17487738)
Maybe I'm the only one lost here..but what the hell is a MegaDO?

It's a big DO :)

I know, that didn't help. It's a gathering of frequent flyer zealots that is sponsored by a particular airline alliance and a hotel chain.

tanktronic Nov 21, 2011 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Frequent Miler (Post 17493006)
It's a big DO :)

I know, that didn't help. It's a gathering of frequent flyer zealots that is sponsored by a particular airline alliance and a hotel chain.

Oy, finally someone at least TRIES to answer, thank you :) Yeah, from context I figured it was something like that... I'm curious if it's a forum for luring elites to status-match, or anything like that. Since I moved from Detroit to Paris, it's kind of a moot point [ST to ST], but someday I might be interested in switching alliances...

Frequent Miler Nov 21, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by tanktronic (Post 17493153)
Oy, finally someone at least TRIES to answer, thank you :) Yeah, from context I figured it was something like that... I'm curious if it's a forum for luring elites to status-match, or anything like that. Since I moved from Detroit to Paris, it's kind of a moot point [ST to ST], but someday I might be interested in switching alliances...

Good question. I don't think that's the main point of it, but that's probably part of why the airlines like to sponsor these. For the upcoming One World MegaDO in January, for example, AA offered up a challenge to get people to high level AA status faster. Hyatt did something similar.

bennos Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

And to answer the original question, yes, I'll be on the OWMD (at least the US version, not sure I can justify the TATL yet).