Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any DL/SkyTeam loyalists jumping on the OneWorld MegaDo?

Old Oct 16, 11, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, HH Dia.

Since I cannot find anything about a SkyTeam MegDo being in the works, are any DL/SkyTeam loyalists planning to hop on the OneWorld MegaDo in January?
Old Oct 16, 11, 3:45 pm

I was at the OWMD launch party in LA last weekend and it seemed like the majority of people there were either AA elites (for obvious reasons) or *A elites (who have apparently enjoyed their own "mega dos" so much that they want to crash parties for other alliances!).

Skyteam seemed to be the least represented of all allegiances, although it sounds like you will be welcomed. As I said, many of the people attending will be loyal to *A and the representatives from AA seemed keen to win them over. Attendees who are elites on other airlines will apparently be given a chance to "challenge" elite status on AA (notably, without the fees that normally accompany AA status challenges).

Also, it is rumoured that a DL representative will be on the OWMD to get ideas for a similar upcoming Skyteam event, although no firm plans are in place yet.

Hope that helps!
Old Oct 16, 11, 5:13 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by firstglobal View Post
I was at the OWMD launch party in LA last weekend and it seemed like the majority of people there were either AA elites (for obvious reasons) or *A elites (who have apparently enjoyed their own "mega dos" so much that they want to crash parties for other alliances!).

Skyteam seemed to be the least represented of all allegiances, although it sounds like you will be welcomed. As I said, many of the people attending will be loyal to *A and the representatives from AA seemed keen to win them over. Attendees who are elites on other airlines will apparently be given a chance to "challenge" elite status on AA (notably, without the fees that normally accompany AA status challenges).

Also, it is rumoured that a DL representative will be on the OWMD to get ideas for a similar upcoming Skyteam event, although no firm plans are in place yet.

Hope that helps!
Myself and ThePointsGuy were also both there. I have also heard that there is something in the works for skyteam.
Old Oct 17, 11, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 1MM, AA Plat
I am looking into it in order to see if my schedule can work to participate - looks to be a great event.

I requalified for DM yesterday, so it's not like DL's lost a customer...but I like my AA status too!

Old Oct 17, 11, 8:17 am
Original Poster

Unfortunately, I don't fly enough to build much status with two airlines. So, for me, it's one or the other. I do see the OW event as a way to get to know another airline better, and have a little bit of a jump on building status with them. However, if I were sure that there will be a SkyTeam MegaDo soon, I'd probably pass on OW.
Old Oct 19, 11, 9:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ryandc99 View Post
Myself and ThePointsGuy were also both there. I have also heard that there is something in the works for skyteam.
I was there too. My impression is that the AA people were more focused on recruiting from *A than DL.
Old Oct 19, 11, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
I was there too. My impression is that the AA people were more focused on recruiting from *A than DL.
Agreed, although I don't know if that says more about AA's priorities or just the makeup of the audience. Anyway, Maya (president of the AAdvantage program) did explicitly say that top-tier elites on DL and US would also be eligible for the status challenge. Hopefully, we will all know more details soon.
Old Oct 19, 11, 8:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by firstglobal View Post
Agreed, although I don't know if that says more about AA's priorities or just the makeup of the audience. Anyway, Maya (president of the AAdvantage program) did explicitly say that top-tier elites on DL and US would also be eligible for the status challenge. Hopefully, we will all know more details soon.
If you recall, she only corrected herself and said DL too after I asked her "what about DL Diamonds" when she was talking about challenges for current 1K people.
Old Oct 19, 11, 9:06 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
If you recall, she only corrected herself and said DL too after I asked her "what about DL Diamonds" when she was talking about challenges for current 1K people.
Exactly, I don't think they realized there were many DL elites there.
Old Oct 20, 11, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Glad to hear that a number of DL elites were there. I definitely may consider attending a little more than I did at first.
Old Nov 20, 11, 4:38 pm
Original Poster

Any more rumors about a DL MegaDo?
Old Nov 20, 11, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Originally Posted by highflyer2 View Post
Any more rumors about a DL MegaDo?
http://boardingarea.com/blogs/freque...-do%e2%80%99h/
Old Nov 20, 11, 4:46 pm

Thanks AndyTLe!
Old Nov 20, 11, 4:49 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Pres, Avis First, Sixt Plat
I'd never heard of the MegaDO, how does one get in on it? invite only?
Old Nov 20, 11, 5:16 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, AndyTLe!

Search this Thread