Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Expiring SWU

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:17 pm
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
Expiring SWU

I have 4 SWUs for this year that will sadly expire in a week. Had I searched the forum I would have known that:

A) I should have chosen a completely different PLT amenity as the SWU is useless

and

B) I should have waited until the last minute to select them for this year to extend their usefulness.

I did not heed the advice of the masses and thus stand to lose 4. Don't suppose there is any salvageable solution at this stage, such as booking and confirming with them now on a flexible ticket that I change later on?
Old Oct 13, 2011, 6:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by dll
I have 4 SWUs for this year that will sadly expire in a week. Had I searched the forum I would have known that:

A) I should have chosen a completely different PLT amenity as the SWU is useless

and

B) I should have waited until the last minute to select them for this year to extend their usefulness.

I did not heed the advice of the masses and thus stand to lose 4. Don't suppose there is any salvageable solution at this stage, such as booking and confirming with them now on a flexible ticket that I change later on?
good idea, just that you've gotta find Z availability. That is, guessing you want to use them internationally. Plus, the fully flexible, refundable tickets are the most costly.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 7:51 pm
dll
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
I've only been using them domestically as my int'l travel schedule took a bit of a hit this year. I could probably find a place to park them. If I confirm them now and change the ticket later will I be able to re-apply them to the new intinerary? I'd book them on a route I know I'll be flying so the only change would be date-related...
Old Oct 14, 2011, 2:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
I don't know why you say they are useless; I've never failed to use one before its expiration. Very useful on TPACs! Of course TPAC YBM fares are cheaper originating in Asia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.