Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

I love DL award pricing going up after i do a few searches

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I love DL award pricing going up after i do a few searches

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:27 pm

It is well documented that it is delta's IT that is actively removing low mile flights from inventory after a few searches. Clearing cache or cookies or surfing in private/incognito mode has no effect on this phenomenon.

The idea that delta is removing inventory after seat selection makes no sense, because this happens just at the earliest search stage, before you even pick a particular flight. All you need to do to enjoy this "feature" is to pick a date and a city pair.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Some very, very small percentage of conspiracy theories are actually true. This is not one of them.
I think Menards has had a blowout sale running on tinfoil hats for almost four years straight.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles PM, Starwood SPG Platinum, Hilton HH Honors, UA MP Silver, EK Skywards Silver
Last week I spent a bit of time looking up an award ticket that started off at 32,500...made its way up to 42,500...and then sitting at 50,000 all within a few hours. I was eyeing the same flights the entire time.

Checked a couple hours later, and booked at 32,500. I suppose that's a small victory considering I have a better chance these days of of being hit by an asteroid than booking at 25,000.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:03 pm
Xam

Programs: Delta Skymiles Diamond Medallion
Originally Posted by stylo4444
Last week I spent a bit of time looking up an award ticket that started off at 32,500...made its way up to 42,500...and then sitting at 50,000 all within a few hours. I was eyeing the same flights the entire time.

Checked a couple hours later, and booked at 32,500. I suppose that's a small victory considering I have a better chance these days of of being hit by an asteroid than booking at 25,000.
Question? Even if you clear your history, could they not have your history stored by your SM#??
Old Sep 18, 2011, 6:13 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Same here.
Needed to book JFK-NRT
Priced at 120K BE. Come to click the flights, click- and it goes up to 170K.

I asked at the DO (October 2010) if DL is doing 'discriminatory' pricing by changing prices during the booking process. Jeff answered(and there were 120+ witnesses there), that they answer is NO. He went as far as describing techinical reasons why it may not be possible, and then hypothesized why this error may have been seen even though it should not.

Well, if the answer is no, I am wondering why it keeps happening. Award shows an option for 120 for both outbound and return, and when you pick them, 120K becomes 170K .

Happy? NO. Upset? YES
Does it also happens on the $$ (tickets purchase) end? YES.

Does it seem like anyone on delta.com team is in a hurry to fix it? Well, for some reason it is very rare that anyone reports an error that ends up reducing the prices or miles requirement. Yes, I start questioning the reason(s) for which it occures. I would like a delta represetative (one in green) to reply. I promise that the rep. would be treated with respect. However, we also request that the representative, when replying, would treat us with respect. Explain why those problems are reported, at the very minimum, for the last 12 months, and it does not seem to be resolved.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 7:04 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Today I did book a few dozen 60k mile roundtrip tickets to Europe using DL miles.

I even did so to help some people nearly empty their DL account balances while cannibalizing from DL revenue by substituting mileage tickets for paid tickets.

Glad that SkyMiles ping pong can be played so fast and so well.

Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Some very, very small percentage of conspiracy theories are actually true. This is not one of them.
While my tests today found no evidence supporting the claim about DL having discriminatory mileage ticket pricing playing out on delta.com in the way noted in the OP of this thread, I also found no evidence supporting any conspiracy theory about conspiracy theories.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.