Wiki Posts
Search

Early confirmed upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Early confirmed upgrade

Is it odd that a FO is confirmed for first class two days out of the trip instead of in the one day window? Just logged and saw that my ATL-PWM leg was upgraded. Uber pumped as this is my first since hitting FO!
Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:36 pm

Programs: DL KM (charter)
Congratulations. Enjoy it.

It is difficult to get upgrades out of ATL anytime because of the swelled ranks of medallions. Although, if you're flying, 'two days out' (I assume your flight is Tuesday), Tuesday is typically the lightest day of the week for most carriers.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:38 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
This is standard, upgrades usually clear a calendar day before DL states the window to be. DM/PM 6 days, GM 4 days, FO 2 days.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by mlad1101
This is standard, upgrades usually clear a calendar day before DL states the window to be. DM/PM 6 days, GM 4 days, FO 2 days.
This. Upgrades are run starting at 5PM Eastern, at T-6/4/2, instead of T-5/3/1 as the website would have you believe.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL PM, EK GOLD
Hmmm..

Well, I'm a PM and I'm still currently #1 of 2 on the upgrade list that leaves tomorrow SFO>ATL... I think this is the second time (in 10 days) that the upgrade thingummie hasn't auto upgraded me out 5-6 days...
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by AutoMotoPhoto
Hmmm..

Well, I'm a PM and I'm still currently #1 of 2 on the upgrade list that leaves tomorrow SFO>ATL... I think this is the second time (in 10 days) that the upgrade thingummie hasn't auto upgraded me out 5-6 days...
SFO-ATL on a Monday is going to be a tough fight. And the upgrade list only shows people who have checked in, so if other DMs or PMs (with a higher fare calss) check in ahead of you, you'll move down the list.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM
Thanks for heads up everyone. I must have logged in right after it happened b/c it was right around 5 est.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.