Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Skypriority Tease

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 11:15 pm
Original Poster

Skypriority Tease

I'm a silver medallion flying primarily out of DTW.

I've recently noticed the "SKY PRIORITY" banner appearing below my flight information online. Even though the banner appears, my boarding pass doesn't print with the SP text across the top. I usually choose to sit in an exit row, which bumps me to zone 1 instead of zone 2. So I've been assuming the banner was appearing simply because I had early boarding access thanks to being in an exit row.

A couple weeks ago, when flying out of SEA, my boarding pass printed with the 'sky priority' text along the top. Being a Delta nerd, I was pretty excited, because us lowly silvers don't have access to a lot of the sky priority perks at DTW . I began to wonder why my boarding pass printed with SP. Nothing was different then when I normally fly. I had an L fare ticket and was seated in an exit row. I was thinking SEA might be an airport that allows silvers access to SP, but a few days ago when I flew out of LAX on a U fare, (an airport that gives silvers SP) my boarding pass didn't print with SP along the top.

My question is, does Delta give silvers access to sky priority perks if they pay for a higher fare or sit in an exit row, or did I just get lucky somehow? Is there a way for silvers to have access to SP? Seeing that SP banner now in my flight information online is such a tease :P
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:13 am

If you are Silver and you book an exit row seat then you are eligible for sky priority benefits. Delta implemented this change over the summer.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 9:56 am

Programs: DL - PM (Sky Priority);HH - Gold; Marriott - Silver; National - Executive; DL Reserve AMEX
Actually, that isn't true. Delta did give FO's sitting in exit rows Zone 1, but they are still not officially "SkyPriority". It is a glitch that Delta's is working to fix, I believe.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 11:38 am

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, National Exec
Fix the glitch or fix the FO's?
Old Sep 10, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Exit row does give you zone 1, but will not give you SP, if you get SP that means you will have access to security lines.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.