Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DL announces YYZ-BOS

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2021, 7:32 pm

Programs: Platinum Zirconium in Life, aeroplan, FB, Avios, IHG
Originally Posted by rankourabu
However BOS-YYZ does connect to the late KLM flight, but misses the CDG and FCO flights...
You are right. The klm and Alitalia flight leave at around 10pm or 11. They can connect to both.

Many people are forgetting that codeshare connections to WestJet can be had from bos yyz for within Canada or even to Europe from yyz or yul to af, kl as well.
Old May 21, 2021, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Honestly curious how you managed to come across this nearly 10 year old thread…
SUPERTRAVEL and N830MH like this.
Old May 21, 2021, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by cmd320
Honestly curious how you managed to come across this nearly 10 year old thread…
OMG...I need sleep.>> I thought I was replying to DL adding yyz bos now in 2021.
cmd320 likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Just for reference. I believe WS Encore operated BOS/LGA pre CV19. I doubt DL will be flying it anytime soon.
Old May 22, 2021, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by aeroman380
OMG...I need sleep.>> I thought I was replying to DL adding yyz bos now in 2021.
Uggghhh! I went to sleep early last night. I need to get on the forums. I woke up at 7:30am.
Old May 22, 2021, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by flyerCO
Just for reference. I believe WS Encore operated BOS/LGA pre CV19. I doubt DL will be flying it anytime soon.
Looks like they will:

Delta expands Boston and New York service with new flights to popular destinations

Bringing this thread back to liiiiife!
Old May 22, 2021, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by aeroman380
Looks like they will:

Delta expands Boston and New York service with new flights to popular destinations

Bringing this thread back to liiiiife!
Nice. I really hated LGA/BOS being served by WS Encore and on their propeller aircraft. (Not unsafe, but noisy and cramped)
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 2:32 pm
VFR

Programs: AA PP, DL PM
Delta added this, seemingly as a response to AA adding it. Interestingly enough, both DL and AA are contracting the route out to YX on an E175. DL also continues to codeshare on the WS Dash-8 flights, but I expect most folks will choose the E175.

According to a random weekday I picked in January, this makes the BOS-YTO market:

3x Porter Airways (YTZ)
8x Air Canada
2x WestJet
3x Delta
3x AA

All E175s and Dash-8s. BOS-YUL is 4x AC with no competition, I'm a bit surprised nobody's picked that up.
aeroman380 likes this.
Old May 22, 2021, 3:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by VFR
Delta added this, seemingly as a response to AA adding it. Interestingly enough, both DL and AA are contracting the route out to YX on an E175. DL also continues to codeshare on the WS Dash-8 flights, but I expect most folks will choose the E175.

According to a random weekday I picked in January, this makes the BOS-YTO market:

3x Porter Airways (YTZ)
8x Air Canada
2x WestJet
3x Delta
3x AA

All E175s and Dash-8s. BOS-YUL is 4x AC with no competition, I'm a bit surprised nobody's picked that up.
YUL has always been a bit less important than YYZ. More than once I had to connect via YYZ to YUL in IRROPS due to lack of seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.