Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where does Delta use the 747?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: SPG Platinum . Hyatt Diamond . Delta Diamond . All kinds of car rental statuses
Originally Posted by Zomba
I am a fan of the 747 as a plane, but would certainly avoid it in any other seat than upper-deck business. ()
I concur.
I'm a jolly happy chap when seated upper deck on a DL 747.
Otherwise you can totally stick it. In its current (decrepit) config any other seating is a total chore
Old Sep 7, 2011, 9:50 am

Programs: DL Diamond, MM, Hilton, Marriott, Priority Club, etc
I was reading this thread and my first reaction was that I like the coach section of a 767-300 way better than the coach section of a 747.

But I do agree with another comment and will manipulate my travel budget and schedule as much as needed to acheive the upper deck when I go somewhere that the upper deck flies to.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 10:58 am

The old saying back in the NW days was "Friends don't let Fly Y on the 744". Then again the old 2-2-2 J of the classic DL 767 wasn't a dream boat either.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
I believe AF still has an ATL CDG flight on a 747.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 6:32 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Here's a pic of a Delta B747 over the Philippines. Singapore -> Tokyo, perhaps?

Old Sep 7, 2011, 8:38 pm

Programs: Delta DM, 4MM, SC, AmEx Reserve, UA Plat, SPG/Marriott Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LarryJ
Here's a pic of a Delta B747 over the Philippines. Singapore -> Tokyo, perhaps?

DL flies the 747 from Manila to NRT so it's very possible that this pic is prior to landing or after take off.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Mostly Asia routes, a few Europe/ME routes as pointed out.
Old Sep 7, 2011, 11:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold. (Former) UA PP, DL PM, PC Plat
Originally Posted by jsmith50
DL flies the 747 from Manila to NRT so it's very possible that this pic is prior to landing or after take off.
Could be. I think we were still north of Manila, heading toward Singapore, when I took the picture. We were probably 36,000'.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 1:19 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by randidliyo
THere was a China Airlines leaving from the gate next to us, bound for LA I think, and when they join Skyteam I'm going over there. I'm sure they have personal entertainment.
SeatGuru's China Airlines page indicates their widebodies all have AVOD.
Old Sep 11, 2011, 4:22 pm

Programs: WN,DL,AA,UA,B6,more!
I flew an old (and wore out) NWA 747 from ATL - NRT direct in 2009. Of course this was mid-merger. The screens while not in use still said "NWA" on them. They are the old tube TV's like on the old 757's.

It was cool to check off the list but flying coach on that old beater sucked.

This route is now on a 777 according to Matrix.

KE still runs a 747 ATL->ICN. I am jealous as my gf will fly it both ways upstairs on our upcoming trip. Not TOO jealous since I will be going in TG F on their 777 (suite)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.