Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

LAX - good restaurants in the security side of Terminal 5 or 6?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D

I’m traveling with the family through LAX on Friday evening 09-02-11 and have a 3 hour layover in the Delta terminal. We have SC axis and will take advantage of it. Are there any good restaurants in the security side of Terminal 5 or 6?
Old Sep 1, 2011, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
***CRCKETS***
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:01 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I hope you also have SC ""access"

jk

Um, the options (in t5) are not terribly exciting. there is a California Pizza Kitchen, a panini/croissant/bakery/deli type place, and mcd's... There is a sit-down Latin-style place as well (names elude me)
I think this is the gist of it
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:07 pm
Suspended

Programs: DM
Originally Posted by goodandclassy
I hope you also have SC ""access"

jk

Um, the options (in t5) are not terribly exciting. there is a California Pizza Kitchen, a panini/croissant/bakery/deli type place, and mcd's... There is a sit-down Latin-style place as well (names elude me)
I think this is the gist of it
It's a Mexican restaurant called El Cholo. El Cholos has been a landmark in LA since 1923. Sadly the airport version is no where near the quality of the original and has a very limited menu.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
there is nothing to eat at t-5 unless you like over priced microwave food.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:14 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
The best LAX eating options are outside security. Encounter and In-n-Out are my two pics.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Fairmont Prem, SPG Gold, Priority Club Plat/IC Amb, AmEx Plat
Leave the family in the Terminal, grab a cab and head to In-N-Out and bring it back. Something that you could try too is to see if any places will deliver to you curbside. I've had many different restaurants deliver to obscure locations.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Monet's Deli in T6 (or whatever it's called) is the only thing that has even met the somewhat acceptable standard for me in T5/6/7/8. Airside food at LAX is bad.

Encounter might be your best bet.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AndyTLe
Leave the family in the Terminal, grab a cab and head to In-N-Out and bring it back.
+1
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Originally Posted by SFO777
+1
In & out is nasty if it is colod, yuk the cheese.
Old Sep 1, 2011, 9:22 pm

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Sadly, nothing much to talk about.

Encounter is that famous theme restaurant in the middle LAX that is in all the movies. The restaurant rotates while you eat and has a cool retro-astro Jetson's theme, lava lamps, etc.

http://www.encounterlax.com/

It has been a while since I was there, but it is typically good. Not a far walk at all from T5, but you will need to go back through security.

I even celebrated a birthday there (used to live in the area).

-=tg=-
Old Sep 1, 2011, 10:53 pm
dll

Programs: AA Gold (prev. Ex Plat for 10 years); DL Plat; UA Gold; Hilton Diamond
El Cholo and CPK are probably the two better options. If you're in a bit of a hurry there is always McDonalds (eek). T6 is a wasteland unless you're craving Cinnabon.

LAX definitely leaves something to be desired on the food front, unlike many of the terminals at SFO. But the options are passable.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 5:34 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, million miler
I'm sorry but having eaten at El Cholo before heading to Sydney, it left much to be desired. McDonald's would have been much better.
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:04 am

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
i'll be there tomorrow night....is it the parking spot shuttle i take to get to in n out?
Old Sep 2, 2011, 6:25 am

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by ianturner
i'll be there tomorrow night....is it the parking spot shuttle i take to get to in n out?
Yes, but there are two Parking Spots...Century Blvd and Sepulveda. Make sure you take the Sepulveda bus. In 'n Out is right next to the Sepulveda PS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.