Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta IT Strikes Again! - Upgrade Eligible vs. Request

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta IT Strikes Again! - Upgrade Eligible vs. Request

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2013, 4:49 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by CPMaverick
How does this favor Delta? I see it as a negative for both. DL doesn't need people calling in and taking phone agents time with this (or CS agents time after the fact).
Logically, you're correct. Trouble is, DL's rarely logical and somewhere in RM land an UG not gven to a medallion is one more FC seat that might sell close in.

Yes, I'm being somewhat sarcastic but also not too far from the truth.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Advantage Gold, Rapid Rewards A list, Sky Miles Gold Medallion, Hilton Honors Diamond
My favorite thing is that none of the agents have any idea what you are talking about. I have been told that the issue with seeing upgrade eligible instead of upgrade requested on a reservation is due to fare class (not true, I have later bookings on same fare with upgrade requested) or that you can only request an upgrade at check in. In reality the only difference is that the reservation that shows upgrade eligible was made over the phone by a res agent and not online.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:36 am

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Diamond
SDC'd to an earlier flight leaving this morning. I had to call, due to not being able to perform the change for some reason with the app or the web.

Got to the airport to check in, and was unable to check in via kiosk, agent was needed. When I got to the gate, my delta app said I was "upgrade eligible" and I was not listed on the upgrade list. GA said she had never seen this before. I called in, and after a little bit of time with the phone agent and her supervisor they got me on the list (just in time) and received the upgrade.

Weird!
Old Feb 21, 2014, 4:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I booked a ticket in Y on miles last week. I have been checking the F cabin daily on my DL App, and I kept wondering why it was so empty given that it was past the window on a non-elite heavy route. I go check in and click on the upgrade list, and my name isn't on it. Go to my computer, and sure enough "Upgrade Eligible". I booked on DL.com, made sure I selected "I am traveling" on the booking page, and never thought twice since in probably close to 100 bookings over the past 2-3 years, that's never ever happened to me, even though I knew it's happened to others. I'm by myself, so nothing that would have pulled me off the list (e.g. like traveling with a non-elite companion).

Left my number for DL to call me back in the next 9-15 minutes, we'll see what they do. If any GMs were upgraded at the window, I'm going to demand they force me into F. I mean, DYKWIA Delta, seriously.

UPDATE: After 30 minutes on the phone, the supervisor called revenue management who forced the upgrade for the outbound, but not for the return (the window for which I also missed on this weekend trip). I guess I shouldn't complain since I have no idea if GMs were upgraded or not at 3 days, but the upgrade on the return was definitely the more important one for me given the longer flight.

Last edited by keloutwest; Feb 21, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.