Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfers to get to Silver Faster?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:50 am
Original Poster

Transfers to get to Silver Faster?

Hi All, I'm so close to getting Silver and I have some Diners points that I need to get rid of. Can I transfer point from Diners to Skymile and earn medallion qualifying miles for the transferred miles?

Thanks.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 9:54 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by InsertUniqueNameHere
Hi All, I'm so close to getting Silver and I have some Diners points that I need to get rid of. Can I transfer point from Diners to Skymile and earn medallion qualifying miles for the transferred miles?

Thanks.
no
Old Aug 17, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: DL DM 2MM; EK Silver; HH Gold
FlyAO2 already answered your question, but allow me to expand. The answer is still no. The only such transfer points-for-MQMs option involves a first-time transfer of 100k Amex MR points to DL for which one can get 25k MQMs.

If you want to get the MQMs to reach silver, you could consider some of the CC sign-up offers from Amex, all of which have spend requirements. Or, better still, take a holiday and fly somewhere fun and earn the MQMs the old-fashioned way.

Best of luck.
Old Aug 17, 2011, 2:33 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Welcome to FlyerTalk, InsertUniqueNameHere! ^

The short answer is...

No.

The long answer is...

Still No.

If you are really that close to FO, you can hop on a plane for a quickie MR or just wait until your next scheduled flt, then enjoy the bennies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.