Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

BOS-ATL last minute fares, US is cheapest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2011, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM | 1 Million Miler

Got the word that I have to fly last minute today or tomorrow. I'm the only one in the office now and Orbitz and Kayak say that US is cheapest by $300! Argh... I hope my boss doesn't go through Orbitz or Kayak. haha =(

Right now, all airlines across the board is about ~$850, except for US which is ~$524. Then again, ~1892 MQMs and 2 segments over $300ish? But I have no status with US and I have to be gate lice haha

I'm going to block Orbitz, Expedia, and Kayak from his computer

Last time something like this happened, my boss said "oh, but it's usually this price." But I told him that I have to stick with DL. That was BOS-LAX. However if I do this sort of behavior twice, it'll probably look bad in his eyes.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:39 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Where was Airtran on the price spectrum? At this stage of the game their business class probably won't be a whole lot more than their coach. Is a n/s flight worth the extra money? That might be your best bet at justifying paying $300 more for a flight, especially if it's a short 1 or 2 day trip.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Yeah. My boss just said "just buy it"

So I think I'm just going to stick with DL coach, their F fares are very close in price but I'm just going to stick with Y. I'm sticking with Y because when I need this reimbursed later, I don't want him to ask why I bought a ticket in F for a 2-3 hour flight.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:12 am
djs

Programs: UA, Hertz Gold, AA Gold, DL Silver
Is there some sort of "Y-Up" fare you can buy that would still be coach but give you an instant upgrade? That way, your receipt will show coach.
Old Aug 16, 2011, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by djs
Is there some sort of "Y-Up" fare you can buy that would still be coach but give you an instant upgrade? That way, your receipt will show coach.
way ahead of you =D

It's a $117 difference between M and F. Only middle seats left in Y, 3 seats in F on my way down to ATL. I'm a GM, so I may or may not get upgraded.

Actually, just to show responsibility, I'm going to book it in M and pray for an upgrade. There is no full Y left =( On my inbound flight there are aisle seats, so I think I'm going to do the right thing here and save $117

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.