Wiki Posts
Search

DTW-DCA no service

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, Hertz
DTW-DCA no service

Last night I flew DTW-DCA and there was zero service of any kind in 1st class, no pre-flight, no in-flight, nothing. The FA never got out of her seat. And no, the flight was smooth sailing all the way, not a bump. I fly this route all the time, I don't think I've ever seen this before. Don't usually fly it at 10pm on Sunday though.

Has anyone else seen 1+ hour flights with no service? It's possible I missed some kind of announcement, but I don't recall anything unusual.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:08 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
That is pretty weak. Should have had the expanded snack basket offering with fresh fruit, plus beverage service.

Did the F/A possibly pass through quickly and you were napping? I rarely use the call bell, but in this instance I think I would have availed myself of it. It's only a short-ish flight, but a cocktail and maybe a light snack is a nice way to round off the day...

I'd definitely send an email to Delta with your flight info. You'll get some SlyMiles thrown at you. Anyone want to take the over/under on 5,000?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 7:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by cxxviii
Last night I flew DTW-DCA and there was zero service of any kind in 1st class, no pre-flight, no in-flight, nothing. The FA never got out of her seat. And no, the flight was smooth sailing all the way, not a bump. I fly this route all the time, I don't think I've ever seen this before. Don't usually fly it at 10pm on Sunday though.

Has anyone else seen 1+ hour flights with no service? It's possible I missed some kind of announcement, but I don't recall anything unusual.
Flight attendant didn't respond when you hit call button?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
I have flown this route at 10pm on Sunday before. Service was fine when I was on it. Please write Delta and detail the non-service you received. It's unacceptable.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
You should have received service. Even in Y on DCA/DTW, they have done a full beverage.

Definitely email Delta. No excuse for this
Old Aug 9, 2011, 1:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Never have had a problem getting service on this route. Did recently have a JFK-PHL flight with no FC beverage service, but it's a 30 minute hop.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 2:19 am

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR
How times have changed. I used to occasionally make myself get up at 3 AM so I could make the 5 AM CLE-DTW which hit Northwest's 7 AM bank for DTW-DCA, and got me into DCA around 8 AM. Breakfast (albeit cold, often cereal) was served. This was all on complimentary domestic upgrades and ~ $125ish roundtrip fares as a CO Silver.

I won't even get into the many trips I enjoyed on Avro RJs sitting up front with breakfast served. The only downside were the rather thin seats NW had at the time.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL, SPG, Hertz
Quick update from OP, flew last night to HSV. The 32 min flight from ATL-HSV had an excellent FA, drinks before AND during flight.

Still no idea what happened on Sun night, I never hit the call button but also did not fall asleep. Was working. I'll chalk it up to an FA who was out of steam after a long day.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, UA Gold, *A Gold, OW Emerald
low cal service

Sunday evening I was on Delta's last flight of the day from DTW to DCA. The pilot never turned off the seatbelt sign due to expected rough air. It never got that bad. No service. No problem to me.
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:15 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
You should have received service. Even in Y on DCA/DTW, they have done a full beverage.

Definitely email Delta. No excuse for this
Back in the day -- or once upon a time-- aka before the NW- Republic Merger -- there was a full meal served on this run --- even in coach.

Of course in those days no one cared about gate lice or frequent flyer miles.

<lol>

Bob H
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:32 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Silver
I guess I'm the only one who saw this title and thought the rumors about dehubbing Detroit were really true...
Old Aug 9, 2011, 5:47 pm

Programs: their are many of them
was it mainline or Shuttle America doing expess into dca. I would assume mainline... Service is not what it used to be across the board, however that is not an excuse
Old Aug 9, 2011, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by TWAB747nomore
was it mainline or Shuttle America doing expess into dca. I would assume mainline... Service is not what it used to be across the board, however that is not an excuse
The 10pmish flight is operated by Compass on weekdays, but it looks like it is mainline on Sunday nights...

Odd observation... The flight is marketed as a Red Eye flight (when you go to purchase on DL.com). I wonder if this has a bearing on the service standards?

Last edited by cfwolfs; Aug 9, 2011 at 8:04 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.