Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seat was given up yesterday????

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by aulrik
Really? So the passenger is no longer required to travel on the same plane as the luggage on US domestic routes?
Yep, no bag matching domestically.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:14 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
Originally Posted by javabytes
That one still gets used as much as an overpaid relief pitcher for the Yankees....
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:15 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
Originally Posted by javabytes
So now when I come in from international destination, I can go to the gate and standby for an earlier flight while my luggage stays with the original flight?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
Originally Posted by Xeno
So now when I come in from international destination, I can go to the gate and standby for an earlier flight while my luggage stays with the original flight?
Same Day Confirmed and Same Day Standby are not applicable to tickets with an international segment. I think exceptions are sometimes made, but officially it is not permitted.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: DL GE
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Just called the PM desk. Agent was very friendly and apologized a few times. She put me on hold and came back and said she was unable to offer an explanation as to what happened. She offered me the choice of a $100 ECV or 4,000 miles, so took the ECV. At least it was a short flight and I still got an aisle.
..... They should be able to see who changed it.. Did she say it was the GA?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:27 am

Programs: Chivas, Tequila, Good Beer
Originally Posted by mtkeller
Positive bag match on domestic flights was scrapped a while back. It's only required on (some) international flights.
Not sure about that. I was in a flight a few weeks back where the passenger deplaned after boarding and we had to wait 25 minutes for the luggage to get sorted out and given back to the passenger. The Cap'n was not happy but he said he had to get the luggage out.

What if the passenger demands to get his bag because "I ain't flying with this &(*&@# airline no mo'!" Will Delta send the bag even if the passenger decides not to go and skip the flight?.

I guess now terrorists do not need to go down with the plane. All they need is to just check the luggage full of cell phones and wireless mice turned on and do not show up for the flight.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pragakhan
..... They should be able to see who changed it.. Did she say it was the GA?
She told me she couldn't tell what happened. Who knows if she was telling me the whole story because she put me on hold for a couple minutes.

Weird thing is the gate agent acted clueless as to what happened when he scanned the boarding pass, but that doesn't mean anything. I just find it irritating that if this is what happened a GA can just take away a seat that was confirmed almost 2 months ago away from a PAX and then their system doesn't automatically reassign a seat. If I couldn't have gotten a seat on the flight, I would have been furious.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:35 am

I wonder if you could had been upgraded and then FAM'd within the matter of minutes.. That might explain why she can't "tell you" what happened??

Very odd...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Duke of Bombay, Delta Ham Sandwich tm, Delta's Glitch
I had a deal where they had no record of my ticket from the time I checked in to the time I got to the gate... not just the seat... I am talking the ticket... I missed the flight and ended up having to sleep in ATL. I went pretty hard at Delta on this one and they would never tell me why. After going in circles about it via notes, the head of CC at the time got pretty nasty and told me to let it rest. I have always thought it was a scorned woman who worked at the corp offices on VA Ave who was behind it... some other strange stuff happened to me around this time as far as not being on upgrade list (old system) or seat being moved, etc....

Good thing was, after I raised hell, the stuff stopped...
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:56 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by aulrik
I don't have any answer to your question, but the exact same has happened to me a couple of times on LH between Germany and the US. Pretty annoying to end up in a middle seat when you did select and got confirmed a much better seat beforehand.
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
I would be furious if I was stuck in a middle seat international, when I had a confirmed exit row. I hope Delta compensated you nicely for that screw up.
Tell me why DL should compensate the poster you quoted when s/he flew LH?
Old Aug 8, 2011, 11:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by fti
Tell me why DL should compensate the poster you quoted when s/he flew LH?
Sorry thought they said Delta. If LH screwed up, then LH should compensate the poster if it was a case similar to mine. If there is no aircraft change and you are an elite member (and even if you have no status) there is no excuse for a GA to give away your confirmed seat to another PAX
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pragakhan
I wonder if you could had been upgraded and then FAM'd within the matter of minutes.. That might explain why she can't "tell you" what happened??

Very odd...
I guess it's possible, but when I went into the SC, I was told first had no open seats and I was 8 on the upgrade list. I also thought maybe a FAM got stuck in coach and took the seat before I got on the plane, but that obviously wasn't the case either.

I wouldn't be surprised if the phone agent was able to see what happened and just didn't want to disclose it.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
My husband and I were confirmed in seats 7A and B on a flight tomorrow (on separate reservations)...when I began the check-in process this morning, I had been moved to 5A, and he was moved to 1B! 7A was still available, but 7B was occupied...I was at least able to move to 2D (also bulkhead)...hopefully one of our seatmates will swap.
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by BunnieGene
..hopefully one of our seatmates will swap.
The GA on one flight this week kept telling people to ask for seat swaps. I cringed every time he said it like a dozen times..
Old Aug 8, 2011, 12:36 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
It's possible that the SDC thing screwed you like it did me one time.

In trying to SDC to an earlier flight, the admittedly clueless agent "unchecked me in" (her words) to try to force it to take. When nothing would work, I told her to forget it, check me back in and I would try at the SC. Long story short, my seat was given away, even though I had a valid BP. One more clueless agent in the SC missed it but a sharp one overhearing our convo rechecked it and caught it in time.

Now, I see where Mr. Marylou just got switched from 2C to 1A on an October trip. I was able to change it back, but what the heck is going on with all these seat switches?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.