Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Checked bags free on partner flights booked with Delta miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:34 am
Original Poster

My itinerary was booked using Delta SkyPesos and includes legs flown on DL, KLM, and AF metal. I used my Delta Amex which supposedly gives me one free checked bag.

I am fairly certain this applies to the leg operated by Delta. What about the intra-Europe legs operated by KLM and the TA leg operated by AF? Do I still get the first bag free since I booked the itinerary with my Delta Amex through a Delta agent? Or do I have to pay for all checked bags for the non-Delta-operated flights. FWIW, I am flying Y.

Thanks. A search of the forum for "checked" bags yielded many threads but I did not see anything specific to this issue.
Old Aug 3, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You get at least one free checked bag on DL/AF/KL TATL itineraries regardless of whether or not you have the magic AmEx, so you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.