Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Are Delta's Weber 5751 slimline's terrible seats? (Standard Y seat with AVOD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are Delta's Weber 5751 slimline's terrible seats? (Standard Y seat with AVOD)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:05 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
What the heck is the OP's obsession with certain cabin seat models, mod kits, etc.?!

I happen to like the MD88 seats...not sure what specific model those are.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Sorry to bump, but I also wonder another thing: How come the criticism is isolated only to DL's Weber 5751s? AA also uses the Weber 5751 on their new config 738s and 752s.

Perhaps the real reason that DL is switching to the B/E Aerospace Pinnacle on the A330 is to avoid alienating those who love the existing A330 Y seats (B/E Aerospace Spectrum) by using the same manufacturer as the existing seats.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:12 pm

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, WF GoFar Rewards, AAdvantage, United MileagePlus
Originally Posted by nytraveller53
What the heck is the OP's obsession with certain cabin seat models, mod kits, etc.?!

I happen to like the MD88 seats...not sure what specific model those are.
Those were made by Burns Aerospace (a precursor to B/E Aerospace), however, I don't know the exact model.

Note to mods: Please merge with existing thread.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:27 pm

Programs: Delta - PM / MM, UA 1K Starwood-Gold
Is it just me, or does anyone else think a seat that can be used as a "personal flotation device" should feel a little softer?

Not once in my life have I ever felt a life jacket that felt like the exit row seat bricks......
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:50 pm

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Originally Posted by BenA
I don't usually complain about Delta coach seats, but when I do, I single out the 737-800 exit rows.

Stay uncomfortable, my friends.

(seriously, what is the deal with them? they're dramatically harder than the normal seats, which aren't that fabulous to begin with.)
I think that DL should offer Dos Equis in honor of your post and the recent tequila promo.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 6:56 pm

I think we need to create the Delta 764 Drinking Game.

I'll start:

Each time 'Ricardo,' 'Weber,' or 'Panasonic' is mentioned, enjoy a bottle of your favorite beer.

'Pivot Bins,' have a shot of Jäger.

'Blossom' or anything else related to the 'Pink 764,' a Long Island Ice Tea.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 7:38 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by Delta 764
Those were made by Burns Aerospace (a precursor to B/E Aerospace), however, I don't know the exact model.

Note to mods: Please merge with existing thread.
LOL. You posted on the other thread just last week.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:31 am

This obsession of yours clearly isn't healthy. Step outside for a bit, take a breather.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 12:45 am

$5 Solution--- bring a pillow to sit on during the flight.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: AS MVPG-75K & HYATT Diamond; former DL-DM, AA-PLT, US-PLT
I agree. The 2 worst seats that I come across are those on the DL & AA 737's. They just plain suck. If I don't get an upgrade on a DL 737, I will SDC or do what it takes to get on an A-320/MD-88/DC-9 or an AA Mad Dog.

Both carriers really missed the boat on this one. Nice new 737-800's that are clean, up to date, increase operational reliability and reduce fuel burn, but are equipped with bricks for seats. The exit row seats are even worse!

I like to fly, sleep well on a plane, and would rather fly a red-eye than be in a motel. My 2 worst trips in coach in 2010 were both on fresh 737-800's. DL red-eye SEA-CVG in an exit row, and an AA red-eye SEA-DFW, in an exit row. In 3rd place, trailing far behind these 2 miserable flights was my MKE-IAH trip on a CO-Express Barbie Jet getting to Houston for SMD2.

Gotta love AS 737's, with sometimes worn but comfy seats, and exit row seats with no armrest thedividers (tray tables are on back of seats for exit rows).
Old Aug 7, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by Bagels
I think we need to create the Delta 764 Drinking Game.

I'll start:

Each time 'Ricardo,' 'Weber,' or 'Panasonic' is mentioned, enjoy a bottle of your favorite beer.

'Pivot Bins,' have a shot of Jäger.

'Blossom' or anything else related to the 'Pink 764,' a Long Island Ice Tea.
And any time a specific aircraft registration is mentioned, a glass of your favorite white wine is in order.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 6:56 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
And another shot every time he demands this or that DL employee (who can't possibly have anything more important to do) respond to his thread.
Old Aug 7, 2011, 7:26 am

Although I have to say, the OP is doing a fabulous job purposely ignoring everything we are saying...
Old May 4, 2013, 1:48 am

Programs: KLM and TK Gold
Well I only flew on 2 or 3 delta a332's and a 767, so I wouldn't know about how bad they were. I did however feel that the seatcushion could've been better. Recaro all the way in my book. The seat I tried on a brand new a332 or 333 on Virgin Australia, was something of a dream. Same leather padding as on Turkish Airlines, almost same colour scheme (black leather with red winged headcushion). I sat in that seat for 4 hrs and didn't feel AT all the need , to leave the seat over a soor butt. It was probably the softest I had ever tried. cl3510 or something ? That seat REALLY makes u feel comfy.

**edit** I was told this was the recaro, but just now, someone told me, that it might actually have been the Weber.. can someone tell me what i flew on, on the virgin australia flight.

Last edited by danielkandi; May 4, 2013 at 1:58 am
Old May 5, 2013, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Big People

Suppose with so many large folks flying now, DL thinks they do not need the extra padding.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.