Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Exit row seat question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Exit row seat question

New to the forum but some good info in the past..question I have is on a flight from Portland,OR to ATL in Nov 2011..I usually am able to get exit row seating as I am 6'5" and it is hard to sit in regular seats. This coming Nov.., flight 773 from Portland to Atl..I have been booked into 16A and 16B (traveling with my wife)..I am told that this has as much room as exit row, yet it doesn't show as exit row seating..it shows as limited recline seats in front of row 17 which is exit row seats (along with 18)..it is a 737-800 (with winglets)..Just curious if i am okay with these seats or continue to pursue getting moved to either row 17 or 18..any help on this appreciated..5.5 hours is a while to fly folded up in a regular seat..Thanks much in advance..

RD Cooper
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Plat, DL PM, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Row 16 on this plane does not have the same amount of legroom as row 17 or 18. In fact, I find the row in front of, and behind the exit rows, seems to have a little less room than a normal row.

Unless you are a medallion flyer on Delta, you will not be able to select exit row seats until 24 hours before flight when online check-in begins.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 7:13 pm

Programs: DL PM, Alaska Gold MVP, Expedia Elite Plus, Amex Reserve.
Same answer. If you have status pick row 18th
Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Many seats shown as "exit" on DL's planes do not have true "Exit" row leg room (esp 757's). And keep in mind the front exit row seats do not recline (it was nice that DL put this info on their seat maps, before I relied on seatguru).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.