Wiki Posts
Search

End of an era at DL FLL?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by KeaauFlyer
N830MH uses ASL (American Sign Language) which is a beautiful and expressive language, but unfortunately doesn't have verb tenses which correspond well to written English. It isn't that hard to understand.
Excuse me, I am very good English. You don't have tell everyone else about me. You have more understandable very clearly for me. I will try to speak a proper English very clearly. Thanks for your concerns. You have be respect to me.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 1:31 pm

Programs: Super-duper Triple Gold Platinum President's Circle - er, Delta American Express
Originally Posted by N830MH
Excuse me, I am very good English. You don't have tell everyone else about me. You have more understandable very clearly for me. I will try to speak a proper English very clearly. Thanks for your concerns. You have be respect to me.
Just wondering - how does sign language have to do with your regular English?

Last edited by nytraveller53; Jun 30, 2011 at 1:41 pm
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:23 pm

There was work being done on T2 which required power to be out. It was temporary.

All is good. DL not moving anywhere.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 3:37 pm

Programs: DL AA UA
N830MH, KeaauFlyer was trying to defend you, not attack you. To be honest, your posts do require some thought in order to understand your meaning, and KeaauFlyer was just trying to explain that fact to someone who obviously didn't know how you communicate here. Yes, you do deserve respect here, but others deserve respect as well, and I don't think your last post in this thread demonstrates respect.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Okay I gotta chime in before this thread is locked.

I too have often wondered a few things about N830MH but was afraid to ask. So if he would educate us maybe we'll all learn something.

Here's where I get confused. How does being deaf affect using the internet? It would seem the playing field would be pretty close to level. So why can't you, N830MH, type English the way I type English? I'm not speaking as I type. I think it only holds one back if one doesn't learn proper communication skills. I would say this to someone who speaks a foreign language but doesn't write it. You're limiting yourself.

No disrespect intended. I often wondered if you used a device that translated the actions of ASL to text... kinda the way google translate often mixes things up. It's doing it's best but can't always be perfect.

So may I ask... Why have you not learned to type standard English?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 4:19 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
I have flown into FLL probably 100 times in my life. I've only been on one carrier there ever.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NYBanker
I have flown into FLL probably 100 times in my life. I've only been on one carrier there ever.
Wow! You flown to FLL all of the times, huh? Unbelievable!!! Try to fly somewhere else. Sometimes I visit in FLL for 1 time the year and I don't usually go to FLL very often. Besides, I am flying somewhere else to RDU, BOS, JFK, JAX and anywhere else in US cities.

Because FLL was an extremely expensive. I cannot afford it at all. Because this is reason why there is lots of those cruises passengers who came in FLL all of the times. That's why it was too extremely overcrowded who came at DL terminal 2 for everyday. However, I don't see any problem at all.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 5:46 pm

Originally Posted by Evan!
Okay I gotta chime in before this thread is locked.

I too have often wondered a few things about N830MH but was afraid to ask. So if he would educate us maybe we'll all learn something.

Here's where I get confused. How does being deaf affect using the internet? It would seem the playing field would be pretty close to level. So why can't you, N830MH, type English the way I type English? I'm not speaking as I type. I think it only holds one back if one doesn't learn proper communication skills. I would say this to someone who speaks a foreign language but doesn't write it. You're limiting yourself.

No disrespect intended. I often wondered if you used a device that translated the actions of ASL to text... kinda the way google translate often mixes things up. It's doing it's best but can't always be perfect.

So may I ask... Why have you not learned to type standard English?
If he's been deaf his entire life it is entirely possible he has never learned standard English. Sign language is an entirely different language, and if he never learned English as a child (i.e., picked it up the way most of us do - listening to our parents speak) then it is literally like learning a second language.
Old Jun 30, 2011, 8:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by asimperson
If he's been deaf his entire life it is entirely possible he has never learned standard English. Sign language is an entirely different language, and if he never learned English as a child (i.e., picked it up the way most of us do - listening to our parents speak) then it is literally like learning a second language.
Listen, I am not a deaf. I can hear very well. I am very good talking. You don't have worry about me. I will try to read carefully to speaks a better English. Sometimes that I have a problems with my eyes. I will try to use the eye drop for everyday. I can barely see it.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 3:26 am

Programs: DL ♦M MM|HH♦|Marr Slvr|CO UA AA US|Pri Cub Plat|SPG|Avis 1st|Htz 5*
Wow! You flown to FLL all of the times, huh? Unbelievable!!! Try to fly somewhere else.
You say this as if you he has a choice. He could have made all those trips for business.

Because FLL was an extremely expensive. I cannot afford it at all.
Wow. I have not thought of FLL as extremely expensive. But FLL is my point-of-origin so I see one side of the FLL fare world.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:24 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Evan!
I haven't found any mention of this in the local news (Sun Sentinel) or at the airport web site.

You can never tell with airlines. UA pulled completely out of FLL a few years back. DL used to have (more consistent) non-stops to LAX, LAS, and BOS.

AA announced non-stops FLL/JFK, Visions is servicing FLL-Louisville, and Virgin America moved in. Perhaps DL doesn't want to fight for a market where tickets are so very cheap. Good for them but bad for me.

Think about it. How many markets in the U.S. can cite the presence of so many low-fare carriers?
UA basically pulled out of Florida a decade ago, leaving us with "Ted" service for a while, and then just regional jets when Ted went away.

DL seems willing to concede FLL to low-cost carriers; unlike MCO, there's an option thirty miles down the road that supports widebody TATL aircraft, doesn't require terminal shuffling for uncleared international arrivals, and no impending terminal and runway rennovations. DL seems to be building a big TATL SkyTeam operation at MIA: AF is running a B747 to CDG, KL running a MD-11 to AMS, DL running B767 to LHR.

It is certainly more expensive for Delta, but it's better strategically for the time being.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:23 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Wow! You flown to FLL all of the times, huh? Unbelievable!!! Try to fly somewhere else. Sometimes I visit in FLL for 1 time the year and I don't usually go to FLL very often. Besides, I am flying somewhere else to RDU, BOS, JFK, JAX and anywhere else in US cities.

Because FLL was an extremely expensive. I cannot afford it at all. Because this is reason why there is lots of those cruises passengers who came in FLL all of the times. That's why it was too extremely overcrowded who came at DL terminal 2 for everyday. However, I don't see any problem at all.
I am not going for the beaches. I have family there and business ties to FLL. I have been going for over 35 years, 3-4 trips per year on average.

It is relative inexpensive in FLL when compared to PBI or MIA.
Old Jul 1, 2011, 8:47 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Let's all remember that this thread was based on the premise that Delta was changing terminals (which it isn't).

Other then the previously discussed LAX route, operations at FLL have remained fairly consistent over the past few years. I would suspect that as long as Delta continues to keep a strong presence in NYC, and as long as Royal Carribbean keeps building 6000 pax cruise ships, those operations will stay consistent.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.