Wiki Posts
Search

SU earning

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2011, 7:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Happily off the elite hamster wheel
SU earning

I recently took a flight on SU, in Q class, and I could have sworn that Q earned 100%, not 75% when I booked the ticket. Right now it reads that it gets 75%. Am I incorrect? Has a Q class ticket on SU always received 75% MQM, or at least in the past 6 months?
Old Jun 19, 2011, 11:10 pm

Programs: DL GM/SC/SkyBonus, UA (xCO), AS, AA, US, FL, Hilton Gold, Best Western Gold, Choice, Wyndham
IIRC, virtually all SU fares earned 100% in early 2009. Unfortunately, SU got stingy during 2009/2010. I almost bought a ticket on SU until I saw the changes to the earnings chart.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
That's a very recent change, when the new AF/KL classes were announced a couple of weeks ago, SU Q class was still earning 100%.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 5:06 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by Spicy B
I recently took a flight on SU, in Q class, and I could have sworn that Q earned 100%, not 75% when I booked the ticket. Right now it reads that it gets 75%. Am I incorrect? Has a Q class ticket on SU always received 75% MQM, or at least in the past 6 months?
This is very bad, and as typical with delta doing.
I up fare from L so that I thought I can earn 100%. But apparently, money is spent with no return.

Anyways, this is not the first time DL has screwed me. Getting less MQM means that I won't need to fly delta much as I have less roll over to worry.

Like I always say, Delta sucks.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:29 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by MarLim
That's a very recent change, when the new AF/KL classes were announced a couple of weeks ago, SU Q class was still earning 100%.
Q used to be an upgradeable (with miles) fare. Wow. That's a huge fall off to only 75%. Wonder what the new lowest upgradeable fare is now. Hmmm...

Sad to see SU sink to AF/KL earning standards.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MarLim
I was relying on that to be 100%. Now I won't make PM until after my TATL flight instead of before. So now I'm screwed out of getting reimbursed for the fee I paid for EC.

Was W class also 100% a couple weeks ago too? Or was that always (as of recent) at 75%?
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Mileage earning per the chart has always been as of date of flight with DL/NW, not date of ticket purchase.
Old Jun 20, 2011, 8:25 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Was W class also 100% a couple weeks ago too? Or was that always (as of recent) at 75%?
W was same as Q, 100% on my last printout
Old Jun 20, 2011, 9:37 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
<sigh> I thought Delta fixed this issue, which I have identified before, but looking back at that old post and then clicking through to the links, you'll see that even though they did update the information on those two links (to reflect the shift to 25%/75% earning categories), there's still a discrepancy between the two pages. The first link (sorry, I'm to lazy to relink it) is for MQM earning, and shows Q at 100%. The second is for partner earning generally, and shows Q at 75% (which I think is a recent development).

I think you'd have a decent shot at getting the EC charge refunded if you wrote to DL to explain that you booked the partner ticket (on SU) relying on DL's own representation as to what MQM's you'd earn, with your forthcoming TATL flight deliberately in mind.
Old Jun 22, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
Originally Posted by eheinz
<sigh> I thought Delta fixed this issue, which I have identified before, but looking back at that old post and then clicking through to the links, you'll see that even though they did update the information on those two links (to reflect the shift to 25%/75% earning categories), there's still a discrepancy between the two pages. The first link (sorry, I'm to lazy to relink it) is for MQM earning, and shows Q at 100%. The second is for partner earning generally, and shows Q at 75% (which I think is a recent development).

I think you'd have a decent shot at getting the EC charge refunded if you wrote to DL to explain that you booked the partner ticket (on SU) relying on DL's own representation as to what MQM's you'd earn, with your forthcoming TATL flight deliberately in mind.
The rule od sky miles is always subject to change to the liking if Delta. Either screw you or screw you more.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 2:41 am
Original Poster

Update

After 2 phone calls, and 1 email, DL SM CSR temporarily changed my class from Q to H, and thus I was given 100% MQMs. And this must have happened in the past 2 days or so, but the chart HERE now says that Q and W earn 100% again, which when I started this post was in the 75% category. It now matches THIS PAGE which from eheinz pointed out in another thread they were previously not saying the same thing.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 3:07 am

Programs: DL DM & 2MM
After 2 phone calls, and 1 email, DL SM CSR temporarily changed my class from Q to H, and thus I was given 100% MQMs. And this must have happened in the past 2 days or so, but the chart HERE now says that Q and W earn 100% again, which when I started this post was in the 75% category. It now matches THIS PAGE which from eheinz pointed out in another thread they were previously not saying the same thing.
Well done! Congrats on getting your 100% MQMs and thanks on behalf of all of us SU-flyers for getting Q and W back to 100%. (Delta did forget to fix the footnote on the first page you link to, but I guess one can only hope for so much....)

Congrats on making PM ... I hope that karmic justice rewards your efforts with an op-up to BE that you wouldn't have gotten as a GM.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eheinz
Congrats on making PM ... I hope that karmic justice rewards your efforts with an op-up to BE that you wouldn't have gotten as a GM.
Unfortunately, I won't make PM until the end of the next leg of my trip. But I will be in SVO Terminal D on July 12 in the evening if anybody is around to meet up and have a drink. I'll still be GM so getting lounge access there may also be a challenge.
Old Jun 24, 2011, 4:56 am

I have travel on SU coming up and I was wondering ... was going on with their partner redemption percentages. I'm going to be in W and I saw that page alternating between 75 and 100% over the last week.

At least MU is now listed as earning MQM!
Old Jun 24, 2011, 5:51 am

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Unfortunately, I won't make PM until the end of the next leg of my trip. But I will be in SVO Terminal D on July 12 in the evening if anybody is around to meet up and have a drink. I'll still be GM so getting lounge access there may also be a challenge.
I'll be there the morning of the 13th so (and let's hope this does not happen) if your flight gets delayed till the next day we can definitely meet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.