Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMF-SLC flight cancelled today

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
SMF-SLC flight cancelled today

I'M currnetly at SMF. My 1:15 pm flight to SLC was cancelled due to equipment malfunction. Delta phone rep rebooked me on flight this evening from SFO to SLC. Getting someone to drive me to SFO from SMF (2 hour drive).

Huge line at SMF gate, so I haven't actually talked to an agent in person.

What am I entitled to, if anything - compensation-wise ?

Access to the lounge at SFO would be nice. Might run into the dude with the Diamond hat!
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, DL PM
Good luck...don't know about the compensation, but be thankful it wasnt the SMF-MSP afternoon flight because they would probably stick you on the 12:53AM flight they just started running...thats seems like a rediculous flight time, even for a red-eye.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Was there nothing available out of OAK? That's a lot closer to SMF than SFO is...
Old Jun 15, 2011, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Nothing out of OAK, according to Delta phone rep. Only other option is stand by on CRJ at 4:30 with very slim chance of success. I'm going to have to compensate my driver to SFO.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PatMike
Nothing out of OAK, according to Delta phone rep. Only other option is stand by on CRJ at 4:30 with very slim chance of success. I'm going to have to compensate my driver to SFO.
There's a 4:41 departure from OAK for which DL is still selling Y tickets. There's a good chance that it may be oversold, but it seems they should be able to accommodate you on that one, if they wanted.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 3:05 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
I'M currnetly at SMF. My 1:15 pm flight to SLC was cancelled due to equipment malfunction. Delta phone rep rebooked me on flight this evening from SFO to SLC. Getting someone to drive me to SFO from SMF (2 hour drive).

Access to the lounge at SFO would be nice. Might run into the dude with the Diamond hat!
An alternative to driving would have been Amtrak to Richmond and then Bart to SFO...

or SMF-LAX-SLC.

Bob H
Old Jun 15, 2011, 7:21 pm

Programs: Delta Plat Kool-Aid Drinker, Hyatt Diamond, SPG GM, Marriott GM, Hilton GM, and Priority Club GM
I'M currently at SMF. My 1:15 pm flight to SLC was canceled due to equipment malfunction. Delta phone rep re booked me on flight this evening from SFO to SLC. Getting someone to drive me to SFO from SMF (2 hour drive).

Send in a email...state what you paid the driver....i'm pretty sure they will reimburse you and give you some miles based on past simliar experiences.
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BobH
An alternative to driving would have been Amtrak to Richmond and then Bart to SFO...

Oy, how long would that take?

Did the OP ask for or look for any OAL reroutes?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
probably a bit late now...

but in IRROPS, don't stand in line to talk to the agent,
call the 800 number... @:-)
Old Jun 15, 2011, 10:13 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
probably a bit late now...

but in IRROPS, don't stand in line to talk to the agent,
call the 800 number... @:-)
LOL. If you read the OP, you would have realized that is exactly what the OP did:

Delta phone rep rebooked me ...Huge line at SMF gate, so I haven't actually talked to an agent in person.
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott, Delta, United, AA
Its better to ask delta before you do anything. I would mention that there was too long a line to ask someone so you had no other choice

Another option would be to rent a car at the airport and returned it to SFO. This would have given you a receipt and a gas receipt you could send into delta for compensation.

You should definitely call delta and try to get miles for the inconvenience and compensation for the fuel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.