Wiki Posts
Search

Incentive Beyond 125k

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, AA PL 2MM, UA 1P, Marriott Platinum, Fairmont Platinum
Incentive Beyond 125k

Are there any bonuses for thresholds beyond 125k? If not already posted this year, have there been in years past?

Just re-qualified for Diamond and curious if there is any additional incentive besides MQM rollover to fly Delta vs. earning status on another carrier.

Thanks ...
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: DM
I think some here get Christmas gifts.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: Lowly DL FO, HH Gold
They need something like the old Flying Colonel program. At least they dished out those pretentious looking plaques you could hang in your office. With the old Delta, my father a former "Flying Colonel" was invited to ATL to fly a 767 simulator. Hard to imagine them, or any airline doing something like that anymore.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 10:53 am

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by chaz.brownfield
Are there any bonuses for thresholds beyond 125k? If not already posted this year, have there been in years past?

Just re-qualified for Diamond and curious if there is any additional incentive besides MQM rollover to fly Delta vs. earning status on another carrier.

Thanks ...
I was having the same thought - thanks for posting. I am in the same position, having flown a hell of a lot of BIS miles this year so far (and at least 90,000 still to go.

I think the rollover should not be underestimated. As it stands, your are Diamond until end Feb 2013. So if you fly a bit more this year, and rollover at least (an additional) 75000, then even without achieving status by other means will be at least Platinum until end Feb 2014?

Not too bad, IMHO.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:02 am

Programs: Delta DM 2M, AA EP, Marriott AE
Originally Posted by DALoyalee
They need something like the old Flying Colonel program. At least they dished out those pretentious looking plaques you could hang in your office. With the old Delta, my father a former "Flying Colonel" was invited to ATL to fly a 767 simulator. Hard to imagine them, or any airline doing something like that anymore.
I really like the simulator idea!
That could be a MM present for Diamonds
In 22 years as a recreational pilot I never had the opportunity to see a real airliner simulator ... that would be super fun!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:06 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
The roll over is a great feature for Delta. I wish other carriers did it.

I normally fly US based on where I need to go, but as soon as I hit the 125k mark on US for free club membership I start flying Delta (or whenever I can go direct on Delta earlier in the year).

US loses out on 75-100 K miles from me since they do not have roll over.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:41 am

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Originally Posted by pferrandi
I really like the simulator idea!
That could be a MM present for Diamonds
In 22 years as a recreational pilot I never had the opportunity to see a real airliner simulator ... that would be super fun!
The flyertalk mega-DO included visits to the simulators... which was great. But, yes- no airline offers that as a present/selection option to elite passengers (at least to my best knowledge). It is an expensive 'toy' (18 million euros, give or take, before software, installation, delivery and maintenance), and the sim time is allocated very tight to the pilots re-training/training purposes.
Could have been great, but a bit expensive
Old Jun 2, 2011, 11:47 am

I got over 300,000 MQMs last year. The only gift I got was the rollover of over 175,000 MQMs. I figure if I keep doing it, and if they keep rollover, I should maintain Diamond status long after I retire.

It would be nice if Delta offered something for those that exceed 125,000, but I don't expect that they ever will.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:07 pm

Programs: Lowly DL FO, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Boilertube
I got over 300,000 MQMs last year. The only gift I got was the rollover of over 175,000 MQMs. I figure if I keep doing it, and if they keep rollover, I should maintain Diamond status long after I retire.

It would be nice if Delta offered something for those that exceed 125,000, but I don't expect that they ever will.
With all due respect to all the DMs like Boilertube, even if DAL included something above 125k, whatever the threshold is-- there will ALWAYS be a good number of FF that will exceed it and be looking for a more elite tier. But I agree I think their should be perks like the one I mentioned above for folks like you that fly that much. Even a silly plaque is something to recognize your loyalty....., because that is what we are talking about here.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: DL 1.3MM GM , Marriott-Platinum Premier+Lifetime , Hilton-Blue, Nat'l-Emerald Club Executive Elite
With all due respect to all the DMs like Boilertube, even if DAL included something above 125k, whatever the threshold is-- there will ALWAYS be a good number of FF that will exceed it and be looking for a more elite tier. But I agree I think their should be perks like the one I mentioned above for folks like you that fly that much. Even a silly plaque is something to recognize your loyalty....., because that is what we are talking about here.
Excellent point...give me good service and I will give you good business (nearly 1MM and over 20 years of tickets). Pretty simple.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
Originally Posted by Boilertube

Rhenium Medallion at 200K
Niobium Medallion at 500K

obv
Old Jun 2, 2011, 12:52 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott Plat
I don't think it's necessarily a 'more elite tier' that people are looking for - but something like an extra choice benefit for every 100k (or something) would be very nicely received.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by chaz.brownfield

Thanks ...
This is ironic, considering your screen name, but somewhere I have a Peanuts cartoon where Charlie Brown relates how his father went to the airport for a business trip but returned him when the TA told home that the did not need to make the trip... that he already had enough miles.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
This is a good question. Yes DL has the rollover, but UA and CO flyers receive SWUs and CR1s for every X number of miles/segments flown beyond the top tier threshold. Even though the DL SWUs have substantially less value then the UA and especially CO SWUs, providing another perk (like a Choice Benefit) beyond 125K could help motivate people to stick with DL.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Rollover

Originally Posted by TATL lawyer
I was having the same thought - thanks for posting. I am in the same position, having flown a hell of a lot of BIS miles this year so far (and at least 90,000 still to go.

I think the rollover should not be underestimated. As it stands, your are Diamond until end Feb 2013. So if you fly a bit more this year, and rollover at least (an additional) 75000, then even without achieving status by other means will be at least Platinum until end Feb 2014?

Not too bad, IMHO.
Do keep in mind that there has been no announcement about a post December 31, 2011 rollover, as was the case the previous two years.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.