Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Economy Comfort: Behind the Scenes - DL YouTube video

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2011, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM2KTn_qtgE

Very cool!
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles, Hilton
Originally Posted by hockeystl
Looks good. Will look for final product which I assume will be TV campaign...
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:40 am

Programs: DL Platinum, US Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hertz #1 Gold 5*
You should see some of the complaints/comments on Facebook regarding this video/product. Some people are never happy. I, for one, think this is a great product and am looking forward to taking advantage of it in the near future.
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:52 am

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by JimboM1391
You should see some of the complaints/comments on Facebook regarding this video/product. Some people are never happy. I, for one, think this is a great product and am looking forward to taking advantage of it in the near future.
Or even look at the threads on the subject here (with which this should be merged..).

It is indeed wonderful for Elites who are genuinely getting something for nothing, IME.

If you want something to look forward to, however, look forward to flying EC on AF metal (aka Premium Voyageur). Awesome experience and with a combination of the monocoque seats and classy (if a little haughty) French FA's is really a pleasant trip.

Last edited by TATL lawyer; Jun 2, 2011 at 9:55 am Reason: details re "Premium Voyageur"
Old Jun 2, 2011, 9:57 am

On a recent trip from SEA - ATL the gate agent changed my seat and it turns out that it was one of the new Economy Comfort seats. Not sure why the new outfitted plane was on the SEA - ATL route but the seats were very comfortable and offered ample legroom. The SEA - ATL flight is about 5 hours and the additional legroom and pitch were welcome. Next week I'm doing ATL - CDG in Economy Comfort. It was worth the extra $$ to upgrade (which is discounted for Silver and Gold Medallion and free for Platinum and Diamond). Cheers!
Old Jun 3, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: DL PM, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
So it looks like the bulkhead row has the gap between windows so the window is a bit forward, but at least it still has a window. Was trying to see if any of the seats were missing windows. Seatguru doesn't seem to have been updated for any of the new configurations.

I would say that Premium Voyageur on AF is still a better product, but this still looks nice.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 7:19 am

Programs: DL PM, 1MM
Actually saw the Economy Comfort on the 330 on a domestic flight between LAX and ATL...unfortunately was one row behind which meant no extra legroom and a seat in front of me that reclined even further.

In any event, from what I could tell, it ain't no big deal. It is a couple more inches of room and just a little more recline. I would not pay one more penny for this unless it came with a wildly better cabin service.

At least as a PM I get it for free.

Chock it up to DL for great marketing for a poor product.

On a side note, the Panasonic IFE systems in coach w/o touch screen really suck. Not impressed.

-=tg=-
Old Jun 3, 2011, 8:28 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH gold
Originally Posted by virtualjam
So it looks like the bulkhead row has the gap between windows so the window is a bit forward, but at least it still has a window. Was trying to see if any of the seats were missing windows. Seatguru doesn't seem to have been updated for any of the new configurations.

I would say that Premium Voyageur on AF is still a better product, but this still looks nice.
Premium Voyageur is certainly a better product, but it is an entirely different product than AF's standard economy ticket (and commands full-fare prices). EC is a nice boost to Y medallions (similar to KLM's) and is a welcome addition, IMHO.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 9:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Here's an idea Delta

What Delta should do is play this video on the GIDS for departing flights that have EC. I bet you would have plenty of people approaching the GA looking to spend their money to UG to EC from regular Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.