Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Can one change Award Travel dates mid-travel

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2011, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G

If I book an award ticket, then begin my travel, then want to change the return date, providing space is available at the same points I used when booking, is it permissible?

If so, as I (a PM) is booking the flight using my points for another PAX without status, are there any change/redeposit fees associated?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Yes, I believe you can change your return after you have flown the outbound. You will pay any difference in mileage required, but since the miles are coming out of your Plat account you will not have to pay the reissue/redeposit fee even if the person actually flying doesn't hold status.
Old May 25, 2011, 3:59 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
I confirm what javabytes said - you can both change the flights at anytime and save on the waived redeposit fees, even if flyer is non-status
Old May 25, 2011, 10:26 pm

Programs: DL/PM SM/AMEX/Plat HH/Gold Marriott/Plat Starwood/Plat
I have a DXB - CDG - IAD - TPA (low 120K award - on AF) comming back and would like to change it to an earlier date (DXB-ATL-TAL mid 230K award on DL) so will need to pay about 55K more IMO.

Can I do it now now or do I have to wait till I finish the outbound? I am not a PL so will need to pay the mile depsosit fee. And if I do it now can they protect the outbound & change the return?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.