Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Lounge at Haneda (aka TIAT Sky Lounge) ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2011, 9:24 am
kjh
Original Poster

I will be going to HND in June and was wondering what to expect the Haneda TIAT Sky Lounge will be like. If anyone has used this lounge recently, any info on ease of access as SkyTeam Elite+ traveling in DL-Y (i.e. not business), schedule of when available, types of food & drink, showers (extra fee?), internet (extra fee?), time limitations (long layover), general comfort & space, and any other amenities available would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PS: did a search but did not find very much specific info.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:12 pm

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
http://www.jaunted.com/travel-photos...ional+Terminal

http://translate.google.com/translat...%26prmd%3Divns
Old Jun 5, 2011, 6:02 pm
kjh
Original Poster

bump ... can anyone report on a recent visit to the HND TIAT lounge?
Old Jun 6, 2011, 7:34 pm

Programs: Down to silver.....
KJH-

I can give you some partial answers here.

Was in lounge last night (Tokyo Time)

Here was the deal,

I was going to pay to get in 1000 YEN, however at time of check in, DL agent gave me and my traveling side kick two passes. Im not sure why but could be a one of the following or a combo? I am Silver medallion, Sky club member, and had a Paid EC seat on the flight. Check in @ sky priority/biz class lane.

Im fairly confident it wasnt my charm due to the surprising language barrier between the agent and i.

You will clear security/imagration, and go up the escalators directly in front of you, top of escalator take a right and its in front of you.

Interestingly, the lounge is segregated between certain carriers, dont know rhyme or reason but DL was to the left, so i handed over my pass and flashed my ticket and went in.

Two internet ready CPUs offered in far left of lounge. didnt try to find Wifi.

Comfortable lay out, limited snacks offered, the asian peanut pre package mix was my diet for the evening, soft drinks, tea/coffee, beer and liquor for self serve.

Two massage chairs in front of lounge near entry, went to sit down and one of the ladies from the entry desk appeared with a smile and a token for the slot. Well worth the time.

I didnt check for showers, because had just taken one down stairs for 800 YEN / 30 minutes. Fabulous and well worth it.

Thats about all i can offer, i was too spent to remember to due some DD for the FT community.

Beautiful airport and a very "successful" mileage run

MRM
Old Jun 6, 2011, 10:41 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
TIAT lounge showers at HND

I leaving for LAX-HND early this Friday, and wondering about the showers mention in the linked infor about the TIAT lounge in the previous post. They really exit? Do I need to haul my own towel to Japan to smell clean for my return flight?

I appreciate MVA2001's post, but I would rather save the 800 yen and slum using TIAT lounges's shower, if possible.
Old Jun 7, 2011, 11:33 am

Programs: DLPlat
I'm on the Friday flight as well. For my return, it would be nice to have a shower in the lounge, if there is one. If not, it's a $10 shower!
Old Jun 16, 2011, 10:14 am
kjh
Original Poster

bump ... anyone else have any recent experience using the HND TIAT lounge? Also, do I need to get an invite card (pass) from the DL ticket counter or will my Skyteam elite plus status be sufficient to get in?
Old Jun 23, 2011, 12:27 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kjh
bump ... anyone else have any recent experience using the HND TIAT lounge? Also, do I need to get an invite card (pass) from the DL ticket counter or will my Skyteam elite plus status be sufficient to get in?
Nice to meet you KJH on this MR.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:48 pm

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Do you guys know if there is a way to hang out in this lounge for those who arrived (providing of course they have only carry-ons)?

My flight is landing at 10:35pm, so I'd rather stay at the airport, work, and check into my hotel next day.

Can I just hang out there and only after that clear the immigration in the morning and get out?
Old Nov 2, 2011, 10:49 pm

I am DL Gold if that matters.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:16 pm

Originally Posted by iggyray
Do you guys know if there is a way to hang out in this lounge for those who arrived (providing of course they have only carry-ons)?

My flight is landing at 10:35pm, so I'd rather stay at the airport, work, and check into my hotel next day.

Can I just hang out there and only after that clear the immigration in the morning and get out?
I am almost sure that your idea will not work because the TIAT lounge is a departure lounge, not an arrival lounge.

When I arrived at a similar time at HND in September, I had a stay booked that first night at the ANA Haneda Hotel, one of two "airport" hotels at Haneda. Both require hotel shuttles to reach, though.

The ANA Haneda was considerably cheaper (about $120 USD) booked thru Agoda. (You print a voucher at home and use that to pay for the hotel.)

The only trick is FINDING the hotel van. This is how to do it: Take the airport shuttle from the international terminal to either one of the two domestic terminals. Ignore the line-up of inter-City buses in front of the domestic terminal, and walk in the crosswalk across the street to a small van pick-up stand for the car rentals lots and the two "airport" hotels. Might take up to half an hour wait.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:23 pm

Both times I've been to Haneda, I used the 800-yen TIAT shower service, which is OUTSIDE security. Once I got past security and into the TIAT lounge, I did notice the two (I think) shower rooms. However, I didn't ask the staff if they were available, and no one seemed to be using them. Sorry.

Second time I used the TIAT pay shower, I had to wait a while because they were all being used. You might want to arrive really early if you decide to use the pay showers outside security as I did.

Last edited by Bowgie; Nov 2, 2011 at 11:28 pm
Old Nov 2, 2011, 11:27 pm

Originally Posted by kjh
I got in to the TIAT lounge twice with only my Skyteam Elite Plus card. First time in June, the staff was quite befuddled and had to call to the check-in people.

Second time in Sept, they were fine with the card only, but they ask first for the lounge pass. (I didn't have because I arrived very early and used the kiosk to print my boarding pass.)
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Bowgie
I am almost sure that your idea will not work because the TIAT lounge is a departure lounge, not an arrival lounge.
Is there a way to get to the departure area from the arrival area without crossing the security, like a transit or something?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 9:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Especially since this lounge has limited food offerings, will DL serve a meal after departure after midnight to BE passengers HND- LAX? Will it be the usual BE dinner or should I expect a lighter supper? Must I eat an early big dinner before going to the airport? I would like to know. What to expect and I sincerely hope the answer is not that there will be none of the usual BE meals?

Also, I assume that they will serve the standard be breakfast shortly before landing, even though this will be later than normal breakfast hours in California. Is this right?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.