Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta 767 Seat Question

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2011, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid Rewards
Delta 767 "Complimentary" Amenities + EC Seats

Hi,

Just booked a round-trip flight, SFO-NRT. I got the "Economy Comfort" thing for the extra leg room and more recline. But I looked at the seat chart, and am not sure what is up with there being a giant gap in front of row 17A-B where 16 should be. There are only seats 16F and G. This is on a 767-300. One person told me that there was Wi-fi and power, but then someone else told me that there was no power. So I'm here to see if anyone knows anything or has taken the flight.

BTW Flight #s 209 & 208

Thanks

Last edited by mazzaglobal; Oct 9, 2011 at 4:54 pm
Old May 13, 2011, 10:28 pm

There is a solid bulkhead divider in front of 17AB. In front of that are the FA rest seats. There won't be wi-fi nor power.
Old May 13, 2011, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United MileagePlus, Delta SkyMiles, AAdvantage, Southwest Rapid Rewards
I talked to people at Delta. One said that it's the place where people board the plane (but not an emergency exit). Another said that it was just a gigantic gap. I suspected the FA seats too, but I believe I asked and they said no. I also asked about the wi-fi and power... and he said there were both, when someone else said there was not power. I asked specifically for the flights too. Obviously I'm not sure who's right...
Old May 14, 2011, 1:32 am

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
No wifi on flights that go over oceans. Even if a plane has wifi hardware it would only work while over land.
Old May 14, 2011, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Ya I thought it would be that with the wifi... but when they said it did... it kind of threw me off. I have different people saying different things about the power situation too. Any advice if there isn't power? (for a computer)
Old May 14, 2011, 7:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
There's no WIFI on flights that don't fly continental US. I do wish delta would do wifi on flights while they're over the us IE ATL-NRT gives a few hours of something to do other than watch movies esp early when I can't sleep
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:32 am
Original Poster

Alright so it's been awhile, but for anyone who cares. Here's my story (I will continue an extension in a new topic, but this part is related). I called Delta Airlines and was assured, 100%, that there would be power ports on my flights (DL 208, 209 SFO-NRT). Yes, I said IN ECONOMY. I even RECORDED the conversation, in case they were wrong since the people at Delta don't seem to know what their planes do and don't have... lo and behold I get there... no power ports. Luckily (I had forgotten this) I had an extra battery. So the information... No power ports in economy, 767-300... Could change, but don't count on it. And you don't get anything when Delta lies to you, I tried.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 2:55 am
Original Poster

Delta Airlines... "Complimentary" Services

Hi, I don't post here often, but after arguing with someone from Delta Airlines and the conversation I had, I believe I should post this because it's ridiculous, sad and laughable at the same time...

Long story short... main reason I called. I booked a flight for $1460. Now it's $1224. They won't give me the difference. I hoped, but wasn't really counting on it. Kind of ridiculous though... no point in really buying early basically, but you veterans probably already know that. They would like to charge me a "change" fee (despite EXACT same flight) of $250... obliterating the fare difference.

Anyway the fun part. I booked the same flight (probably should say the flight: DL 208-209 SFO-NRT) in July going, August coming back. Before this flight, after talking with a bunch of people at Delta customer service, someone assured me 100% that there would be power ports in economy on my flights. I even recorded this conversation since previous people had all said different things. Well, plane had no power ports. So I was trying to get something for that. They wouldn't budge... BUT... now it gets good... I want to know if you all already knew this.

When you buy a fare, you pay to get from point A to point B (and point C if it's on your itinerary) and THAT'S IT. For example... if your TV doesn't work, your power port doesn't work... any of those amenities that they say they have on their planes for you when you get there... if they don't work... they don't have to do anything. Zip. Notta. Zilch. Anything they give you is out of the "kindness of their heart". In essence, that's what the guy at Delta told me. If you have been on a flight and the TV doesn't work and they give you $50 (at the discretion of the flight crew), but they don't have too.

In all honesty... are you freaking kidding me? All those services they advertise with your seat are "complimentary". Right... and when I book a hotel room that says it has air conditioning and it doesn't, they are putting me in a new room because they just REALLY love me, not because they won't get sued if they don't, or at the least you'll walk out and never come back. If these services are supposedly "complimentary", then it is certainly not obvious. I wonder if they'd get away with that in court.

So if you managed to get this far, I'd like your opinion. Basically I've gotten to the point with the airlines where I'll choose whatever suits my interests. If they don't want to be nice to me at all, then I won't be nice to them.

Delta Airlines did one thing right. I like the Economy Comfort. Oh yes and I was assured that I'll get my extra legroom and recline. My extra pay "surprisingly" wasn't just for the thing on the seat that says "Economy Comfort".

I wonder if food and bathrooms on international flights are also "complimentary"...

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Oct 9, 2011 at 2:46 pm Reason: Merged into OP's original thread.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 3:25 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by mazzaglobal
Hi, I don't post here often
You don't really fly often either, or not recently, I would say... however:

Long story short... main reason I called. I booked a flight for $1460. Now it's $1224. They won't give me the difference.
Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. They don't collect the difference from you if the fare goes up, either.

Before this flight, after talking with a bunch of people at Delta customer service, someone assured me 100% that there would be power ports in economy on my flights.
On most flights, this doesn't happen. On some DL 767 the first rows of economy have power. An equipment change is all it takes to swap between the two, so you could expect reasonably this to happen.

When you buy a fare, you pay to get from point A to point B (and point C if it's on your itinerary) and THAT'S IT.
Yes, they are called "airlines", not travelling movie theaters.

If something on your seat doesn't work properly, they will often throw some miles or coupons at you to make it up, but it's not necessary and often depends on how loyal you are and how much they value your business.

But if the equipment changes to an older plane you don't like, or routing changes to something you like less, that's your own problem. You bought passage from point A to point B.

Delta Airlines did one thing right. I like the Economy Comfort. Oh yes and I was assured that I'll get my extra legroom and recline. My extra pay "surprisingly" wasn't just for the thing on the seat that says "Economy Comfort".
That's because there's a clear clause that says they will reimburse you if your comfort seat is not available after all. And it can happen. And all they will do is reimburse you. Because, guess what... what you bought was passage from point A to point B.

I wonder if food and bathrooms on international flights are also "complimentary"...
You'd be surprised to what some of us have witnessed happening in this regard.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:04 am

com·pli·men·ta·ry/ˌkämpləˈmentərē/
Adjective:

1. Expressing a compliment; praising or approving.
2. Given or supplied free of charge.

Free of charge = you did not pay for it so you are not "owed" a refund and demanding one in an argumentative manner will get you nowhere.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: | *G | STE | HGP ♦ | SPG Au | MR Au
Long story short... main reason I called. I booked a flight for $1460. Now it's $1224. They won't give me the difference. I hoped, but wasn't really counting on it. Kind of ridiculous though... no point in really buying early basically, but you veterans probably already know that. They would like to charge me a "change" fee (despite EXACT same flight) of $250... obliterating the fare difference.
If it is within the 24 hour window it is a valid claim. If you are complaining because 2-3 weeks later you checked back tough luck, those are the rules.

When you buy a fare, you pay to get from point A to point B (and point C if it's on your itinerary) and THAT'S IT. For example... if your TV doesn't work, your power port doesn't work... any of those amenities that they say they have on their planes for you when you get there... if they don't work... they don't have to do anything. Zip. Notta. Zilch. Anything they give you is out of the "kindness of their heart". In essence, that's what the guy at Delta told me. If you have been on a flight and the TV doesn't work and they give you $50 (at the discretion of the flight crew), but they don't have too.
Like it was mentioned above, one equipment change is all it takes.

If you think others airlines are different please go ahead. Flying an airline is a give and take situation which means they at times exceed your expectation while at times they underwhelm you.

However, in all fairness, when you show them your loyalty, most of the time they will return that loyalty to you in kind.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:08 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Alright so it's been awhile, but for anyone who cares. Here's my story (I will continue an extension in a new topic, but this part is related). I called Delta Airlines and was assured, 100%, that there would be power ports on my flights (DL 208, 209 SFO-NRT). Yes, I said IN ECONOMY. I even RECORDED the conversation, in case they were wrong since the people at Delta don't seem to know what their planes do and don't have... lo and behold I get there... no power ports. Luckily (I had forgotten this) I had an extra battery. So the information... No power ports in economy, 767-300... Could change, but don't count on it. And you don't get anything when Delta lies to you, I tried.
depends on how you present yourself to Delta. Maybe you could've gotten some skypesos or something.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: HHonors, Hyatt GP, Marriott, Varying Levels w/ UA /AF /DL /SQ /AA
Delta misled you.

While the fine print in the CoC may say that all they owe you is the trip from point A to point B (which everyone seems to be citing, as if that makes it okay that you received inaccurate information), the fact is that if they promised you a feature and it wasn't available, any smart company would offer compensation of some sort. Is DL smart? Not often, IME. But I'd be peeved if I was promised a PTV and it wasn't working on a 15 hour flight. I'd be peeved if I was promised a power port and it wasn't working. I'd be peeved if they promised me a lay-flat product and then didn't deliver on it.

Never pay cash monies to DL for international tickets, ever. I don't/won't, and never will. Find a suitable (preferably foreign based) carrier for your paid international trips.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:40 am

Programs: Delta DM
Ok... so to everyone who thinks OP is naive and all they owe is A>B transportation... what would you do if you went to a restaurant, sat down, ordered a meal, and they brought it to you in a plastic bag and said "get out" ?? Hey, all you were promised was the FOOD at the PRICE listed - sitting at a table and being provided silverware and plates was merely a "complimentary service" they can take away at any time, right? I know y'all take sooo much pride in knowing all the rules, but have some common sense ; if an airline says "fly with us, we'll give you A, B, and C", you have every right to be pissed when they don't deliver A, B, and C. Maybe you're not legally entitled, but it's still BS.
Old Oct 9, 2011, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
To think you are eligible for the lower price is both naive and unrealistic. Not sure where you got that idea but after the 24hr cancel period you bought it. How would that work with real estate?

The amenity thing is a legit gripe but the airline is, for the most part, protected as long as they get you from point A to point B. That said, they do push their "capabilities" which is borderline deceptive and thus should throw you some miles. They do not have to though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.