Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Reserve Companion Certificate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Diamond, HHonors Diamond
Delta Reserve Companion Certificate

I did a search and could not find the answer to this problem, so here goes...

I tried to redeem this certificate today with absolutely no success. I kept getting a message to call online support. When I was finally able to access an actual person, it took another 20-30 minutes for her to tell me that I can only redeem this certificate for all coach or all first segments. This is a new wrinkle! I live in a village which only has regional jet service...and I've never had trouble redeeming this certificate for coach connecting to first in the past.

Is this a change in policy, or do I just need to keep dialing?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 5:03 pm

Programs: DL SM, AA, BA, WN, UA, SPG Gold, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt
I would keep dialing.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:21 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM
Originally Posted by BunnieGene
Is this a change in policy, or do I just need to keep dialing?
...Keep dialing...Where is you home airport?
Old Apr 15, 2011, 6:30 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Denal1
...Keep dialing...Where is you home airport?
MLU... The birthplace of Delta!
Old Apr 15, 2011, 8:53 pm

Programs: DL Ham Samich
Well... if you end up hitting a dead end and they simply just won't allow you to book it with different classes, I have some confidence that AMEX would refund or at least significantly rebate your annual fee.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 9:04 pm
Original Poster

Well, persistance pays off...it has taken 6 hours of phone calls/transfers/hold time, but finally have the tickets booked. But not without great difficulty...at one point, when I logged in I had 2 itineraries (one coach, one coach/first)...and another time there was an itinerary to the same location but on the wrong dates!

The most recent agent said that when we want to redeem another certificate, to call the Medallion line and ask to speak to someone at the promotions desk. I know I was able to do this last year entirely online in about 15 minutes...
Old Apr 15, 2011, 11:49 pm

Programs: DL PM,1MM
Originally Posted by BunnieGene
Well, persistance pays off...it has taken 6 hours of phone calls/transfers/hold time, but finally have the tickets booked. But not without great difficulty...at one point, when I logged in I had 2 itineraries (one coach, one coach/first)...and another time there was an itinerary to the same location but on the wrong dates!

The most recent agent said that when we want to redeem another certificate, to call the Medallion line and ask to speak to someone at the promotions desk. I know I was able to do this last year entirely online in about 15 minutes...
I tried multiple times to book at FC ticket - despite availability online, it always told me to call customer support who promptly told me the website was wrong. Finally able to book a coach ticket. I would love to hear the online success rate of those looking for FC tickets.
Old Apr 16, 2011, 6:16 am

Programs: Delta DM MM
Originally Posted by brazzleman
I tried multiple times to book at FC ticket - despite availability online, it always told me to call customer support who promptly told me the website was wrong. Finally able to book a coach ticket. I would love to hear the online success rate of those looking for FC tickets.
No luck for me....says to call...
Old Apr 16, 2011, 10:43 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Originally Posted by brazzleman
Last year I had a problem with the website giving me an error message on trying to book a trip with the cert in F, but multiple tries finally yielded results.

This year the issue has been that there are no A fares on the trips I'm trying to book, only P fares as the discounted F. So it's been a no-go for me since the cert is limited to A.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.