Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Old Apr 11, 11, 3:09 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NYC
Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 159
Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Delta is offering a challenge to earn Silver or Gold status through February 28, 2012.


Between April 1 and June 30, fly 6 segments and earn Silver status; fly 12 segments and earn Gold status.

Remember: This is tracked by segments, so a flight with one connection counts as 2 segments.

Blog post: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/11/de...tus-challenge/

To register: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/statusfast/

THIS IS A TARGETED OFFER THAT NOT EVERYONE QUALIFIES FOR. WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.

Last edited by dealswelike; Apr 11, 11 at 3:25 pm
dealswelike is offline  
Old Apr 11, 11, 3:25 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Likely being followed...
Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Posts: 5,240
This is targeted.
Vuelos is offline  
Old Apr 11, 11, 10:35 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: BDL
Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Posts: 438
Move devaluations of FO and apparently now GM status
patriots68 is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 12:21 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: New York/Moscow
Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Posts: 243
Arrow I got a rock

MaecDavidMiller is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 7:25 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD; Hertz #1; Hilton Diamond
Posts: 234
statusfast Promotion

I got the promotion in the mail, and I signed up for it. It happens that I had 8 segments this month, but I completed these segments before I signed up, as I just got the letter today. The promotion states that existing reservations during the qualification period will count, but what if I already took the flights?
nidem is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 9:14 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: MCO
Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
Posts: 1,254
I hate this. Only 12 segments to get Gold in three months? That wouldn't even put you on track to get actual gold, which requires 60 segments in 12 months.

Who knows how many thousands will now be added to the GM rolls and be competing with me for upgrades. What a devaluation.
DeltaWings is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 9:48 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Programs: United Silver
Posts: 128
Originally Posted by DeltaWings View Post
I hate this. Only 12 segments to get Gold in three months? That wouldn't even put you on track to get actual gold, which requires 60 segments in 12 months.

Who knows how many thousands will now be added to the GM rolls and be competing with me for upgrades. What a devaluation.
I'm apparently not eligible for this promotion, but I got the impression from the website that this is targeted primarily to those in hub cities. So unless they are traveling to a small airport on the other side of the country, most flights will be 2 segments, I think.

Anyone traveling ATL-RDU regularly is going to make out like a bandit, but for most people, I would think that the miles they would earn on six flights in three months should be at least the 12,500 miles they would need every three months to get Gold under the normal rules.
WebDesignGuy is offline  
Old Apr 12, 11, 9:53 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Posts: 1,241
Originally Posted by dealswelike View Post
Delta is offering a challenge to earn Silver or Gold status through February 28, 2012.


Between April 1 and June 30, fly 6 segments and earn Silver status; fly 12 segments and earn Gold status.

Remember: This is tracked by segments, so a flight with one connection counts as 2 segments.

Blog post: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/11/de...tus-challenge/

To register: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/statusfast/

THIS IS A TARGETED OFFER THAT NOT EVERYONE QUALIFIES FOR. WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.

This, and the 3 other "Thank You" promos for Elite retention, have been on the Promo Sticky, as the #1 item for a while now.
flyzabit is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 10:31 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Programs: DL PM
Posts: 3
Originally Posted by MaecDavidMiller View Post
^^^

Absolutely hilarious pic.
onetvie is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 11:57 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Posts: 420
This might be the biggest insult to loyal FO and GM's I've ever seen... 26k mqm's and 30 mqs thus far in 2011. What is my motivation to continue with DL and not switch to FL?
northwest_buckeye is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 2:40 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,350
Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye View Post
This might be the biggest insult to loyal FO and GM's I've ever seen... 26k mqm's and 30 mqs thus far in 2011. What is my motivation to continue with DL and not switch to FL?
What's my motivation? Upgrades. They will soon be extinct on FL after WN takes over.
newsmanhoss is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 2:58 pm
  #12  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Bye Delta
Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Posts: 15,471
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
What's my motivation? Upgrades. They will soon be extinct on FL after WN takes over.
If you buy into the nefarious FCM, they're soon to be extinct on DL too.
javabytes is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 3:08 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: MEM
Programs: AA - PP
Posts: 887
And as usual with every targeted promo, I got a rock too...
Moebius01 is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 3:31 pm
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 2,350
Originally Posted by javabytes View Post
If you buy into the nefarious FCM, they're soon to be extinct on DL too.
At least the big seats won't be ripped out on DL, like they will be on FL.
newsmanhoss is offline  
Old Apr 13, 11, 11:39 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss View Post
What's my motivation? Upgrades. They will soon be extinct on FL after WN takes over.
But what will be the odds of upgrades now with a totally diluted FO and GM pool? They'll be totally zero, the exact same as they will be on WN, thus, the "what's my motivation" question. I'll make GM, and maybe PM, this year the old fashioned way, all BIS. I'm not signing up for a Delta credit card when my Amex Plat and bank debit cards are all I need (the rest just mess with your credit in the long run). However, if I don't reach PM, I'll be lumped in with a bunch of weekend warriors who flew a few round trips over the course of three months to make GM... Flying 60k miles a year and being treated the exact same as someone who flew 5k is nothing more than receiving the proverbial shaft yet again from DL.

That's my rant for the day. Who am I kidding, I'll grab my ankles and take whatever DL gives me, like always. Living in ATL and being beholden to any airline other than DL is like buying a Chevy in Moscow during the Cold War.
northwest_buckeye is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: