Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Challenges to Silver, Gold or Platinum Status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Starwood Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

Delta is offering a challenge to earn Silver or Gold status through February 28, 2012.

Between April 1 and June 30, fly 6 segments and earn Silver status; fly 12 segments and earn Gold status.

Remember: This is tracked by segments, so a flight with one connection counts as 2 segments.

Blog post: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/11/de...tus-challenge/

To register: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/statusfast/

THIS IS A TARGETED OFFER THAT NOT EVERYONE QUALIFIES FOR. WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.

Last edited by dealswelike; Apr 11, 2011 at 3:25 pm
Old Apr 11, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
This is targeted.
Old Apr 11, 2011, 10:35 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
Move devaluations of FO and apparently now GM status
Old Apr 12, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroflot Gold, DL Silver, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, NEXUS
Arrow I got a rock

Old Apr 12, 2011, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA PLT; DL GLD; Hertz #1; Hilton Diamond
statusfast Promotion

I got the promotion in the mail, and I signed up for it. It happens that I had 8 segments this month, but I completed these segments before I signed up, as I just got the letter today. The promotion states that existing reservations during the qualification period will count, but what if I already took the flights?
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP, United PS, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium, Wyndham Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Amtrak
I hate this. Only 12 segments to get Gold in three months? That wouldn't even put you on track to get actual gold, which requires 60 segments in 12 months.

Who knows how many thousands will now be added to the GM rolls and be competing with me for upgrades. What a devaluation.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:48 pm

Programs: United Silver
Originally Posted by DeltaWings
I hate this. Only 12 segments to get Gold in three months? That wouldn't even put you on track to get actual gold, which requires 60 segments in 12 months.

Who knows how many thousands will now be added to the GM rolls and be competing with me for upgrades. What a devaluation.
I'm apparently not eligible for this promotion, but I got the impression from the website that this is targeted primarily to those in hub cities. So unless they are traveling to a small airport on the other side of the country, most flights will be 2 segments, I think.

Anyone traveling ATL-RDU regularly is going to make out like a bandit, but for most people, I would think that the miles they would earn on six flights in three months should be at least the 12,500 miles they would need every three months to get Gold under the normal rules.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:53 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by dealswelike
Delta is offering a challenge to earn Silver or Gold status through February 28, 2012.

Between April 1 and June 30, fly 6 segments and earn Silver status; fly 12 segments and earn Gold status.

Remember: This is tracked by segments, so a flight with one connection counts as 2 segments.

Blog post: http://dealswelike.com/2011/04/11/de...tus-challenge/

To register: http://dmn.delta.com/offers/statusfast/

THIS IS A TARGETED OFFER THAT NOT EVERYONE QUALIFIES FOR. WILL NEED TO REGISTER TO SEE IF YOU QUALIFY.

This, and the 3 other "Thank You" promos for Elite retention, have been on the Promo Sticky, as the #1 item for a while now.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 10:31 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MaecDavidMiller
^^^

Absolutely hilarious pic.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:57 am

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
This might be the biggest insult to loyal FO and GM's I've ever seen... 26k mqm's and 30 mqs thus far in 2011. What is my motivation to continue with DL and not switch to FL?
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by northwest_buckeye
This might be the biggest insult to loyal FO and GM's I've ever seen... 26k mqm's and 30 mqs thus far in 2011. What is my motivation to continue with DL and not switch to FL?
What's my motivation? Upgrades. They will soon be extinct on FL after WN takes over.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
What's my motivation? Upgrades. They will soon be extinct on FL after WN takes over.
If you buy into the nefarious FCM, they're soon to be extinct on DL too.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA - PP
And as usual with every targeted promo, I got a rock too...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
If you buy into the nefarious FCM, they're soon to be extinct on DL too.
At least the big seats won't be ripped out on DL, like they will be on FL.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 11:39 pm

Programs: Delta FO, Marriott LT Titanium, HHonors Gold, Nat'l Exec, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by newsmanhoss
But what will be the odds of upgrades now with a totally diluted FO and GM pool? They'll be totally zero, the exact same as they will be on WN, thus, the "what's my motivation" question. I'll make GM, and maybe PM, this year the old fashioned way, all BIS. I'm not signing up for a Delta credit card when my Amex Plat and bank debit cards are all I need (the rest just mess with your credit in the long run). However, if I don't reach PM, I'll be lumped in with a bunch of weekend warriors who flew a few round trips over the course of three months to make GM... Flying 60k miles a year and being treated the exact same as someone who flew 5k is nothing more than receiving the proverbial shaft yet again from DL.

That's my rant for the day. Who am I kidding, I'll grab my ankles and take whatever DL gives me, like always. Living in ATL and being beholden to any airline other than DL is like buying a Chevy in Moscow during the Cold War.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.