Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Guests

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2011, 4:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM, DL MM, Marriott Gold
Sky Club Guests

I believe with my Platinum Amex i can take in two guests. I'm flying out of IND next week with my wife and elderly parents. What are the odds I'll be able to get in one extra?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:13 am

Programs: DL MM
Just bring in two guests for free, then pay for your additional guest with your AMEX Platinum. As long as you have your card linked to Delta, AMEX Platinum covers $200 of additional flight related expenses per year, including airport lounge access fees.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:28 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I have never tried more than 2, but lately agents have not been asking for the boarding passes of my guests. (DCA and ATL-E) You may be able to kindly ask the agent to allow the extra in. Also, the other suggestion of letting Amex reimburse you is a good one as well.

Also, oddly enough, since I also have the Amex Reserve, they no longer ask for my CC to scan. They used to always scan at least one of my cards.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 7:44 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
I've never been asked for the boarding pass of my guests.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:27 am

Programs: DL PM 1.5 MM , Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by kicker
I've never been asked for the boarding pass of my guests.
Me either. I've always shown my boarding pass and ID, but never has my guest been required to provide either.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond/2.2MM
Clarify which type of AMEX Platinum

I assume you are referring to a regular AMEX Platinum, not a Delta AMEX Platinum. Please clarify, as I have a Delta Platinum, and did not think that this allowed SC access.

Last edited by enconline; Apr 8, 2011 at 9:13 am
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL-DM, 2MM; AA,QF,UA, WN. Every imaginable hotel program
Originally Posted by enconline
I assume you are referring to a regular AMEX Platinum, not a Delta AMEX Platinum. Please clarify, as I have a Delta Platinum, and did not think that this allowed SC access.
The OP correctly stated the card that gets you access to the SC. You are correct that the Delta AMEX Platinum card does not.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: FB Gold (ST E+), Alaska MVP Gold
Question regarding the SkyClub lounges (and the others for that matter).
I now have the Amex Plat charge card and get access, and me and the kids are gonna be in LGA next week... Ive never been in a lounge.... I understand they serve snacks, but can I order real food inside, like sandwiches. I saw there is an Eats Menu for the FLIGHT...but what about inside the lounge? Please advise, for both LGA, JFK, and Tampa airports. Thanks.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:51 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Delta Diamond
I know the JFK T2 SC you can order breakfast(but also serve complimentary continental breakfast). I've never been in the SC after breakfast so I'm not sure whether you can order lunch and dinner.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 9:59 am

you can order all you like in the Terminal restaurants which serve much better food imo...

alcohol on the other hand....
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:29 am

Programs: Delta PM, Delta Reserve, Amex Plat, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold ;)
I now have the Amex Plat charge card and get access, and me and the kids are gonna be in LGA next week... Ive never been in a lounge.... I understand they serve snacks, but can I order real food inside, like sandwiches. I saw there is an Eats Menu for the FLIGHT...but what about inside the lounge? Please advise, for both LGA, JFK, and Tampa airports. Thanks.
Most of the lounges only have "snacks" and some used to have food you could order for free on a first come, first serve basis. Many people didn't know about this apparently. If you are looking for a decent meal, get something in the terminal. With that said, the lounges are pretty good at breakfast. They usually have bagels, danishes, now many have oatmeal, juice, coffee, yogurt. It's continental, but not bad for being "free".

The bar and free wifi are nice as well. AA doesn't give you free wifi and they just started offering free drinks.

By the way, if you have the Amex Plat card, make sure you sign up for the new Priority Pass benefit. It gives you access to even more lounges (mainly international).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by diclemeg
JFK has food for purchase. See this thread.
Old Aug 5, 2011, 8:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Silver
My wife and I are traveling in F/BE to TLV on Sunday, a route we often take. The first leg is LAX-ATL. We have two friends traveling with us on their own PNR in Y. I know we can get them into the SC in LAX with our two Amex Platinum cards... but how 'bout the international club in ATL?
Old Aug 5, 2011, 11:14 pm

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by Hugo Schwyzer
My wife and I are traveling in F/BE to TLV on Sunday, a route we often take. The first leg is LAX-ATL. We have two friends traveling with us on their own PNR in Y. I know we can get them into the SC in LAX with our two Amex Platinum cards... but how 'bout the international club in ATL?
There is no international lounge in ATL. The old BE lounge in E is a plain Sky Club now.
Old Aug 6, 2011, 10:01 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EK Silver
Originally Posted by realjd
There is no international lounge in ATL. The old BE lounge in E is a plain Sky Club now.
Ah. I last flew through ATL in BE in 2007, which explains it. Got it. Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.