Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You Guys Say It Never Happens

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: big pimpin'
Originally Posted by andrewpartyman
I bought a full fare ticket on March 31st the day before the flight. Fully refundable economy. The only reason it wasn't upgraded at purchase, as I was told by Delta, is that all 45 BE seats were taken. They said to check with the gate agent, and if someone misses their connection, I would be upgraded because of the fare.
Post fare class.

ONLY way you would be upgraded is if YBM and SWU....is that the case?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 1:17 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat
With all due respect, with you not being a newbie to DL, I would think you would know the policy. YBM does NOT get complimentary upgrades on this route. It is more than spelled out by Delta. You should have know better that without SWU or Miles you were not entitled to ANYTHING as far as upgrades. Nothing wrong was done here. What makes you feel you were entitled or it is Delta policy that you are to receive a complimentary upgrade on this route?

Availability:
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades are subject to availability, may not be available on all flights or in all markets, and are not valid for travel to/from Hawaii, Transatlantic and Transpacific destinations. Complimentary Upgrades are not available on flights to/from South American cities that are serviced with our BusinessElite® product (i.e., Buenos Aires, Argentina; Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo, Brazil; Santiago, Chile; Lima, Peru; Caracas, Venezuela). For travel booked using a SkyMiles Companion Certificate, neither the paid primary passenger nor the companion passenger will be eligible for complimentary upgrades. We limit the seats available for use with complimentary upgrades and may not make seats available on all flights. Upgrade on Award or Pay with Miles Tickets are not eligible for complimentary Companion Upgrades.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by jetta2.0t
I think i'm leaning towards the OP being a liar, at least on his upgrade SHENA claim.

For the record, I too know the truth.
Bingo...so do I...after spending about 20-30 minutes researching the subject.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 3:33 am

Programs: DL SM Diamond, AA Ex. Platinum, Ph.D in STFU
who breached my privacy
A) you have no right to privacy when you make the choice to post to a PUBLIC FORUM.
B) By providing your seat number, and flight information, in said PUBLIC FORUM you forfeited your privacy in anyway implied by Delta in their commercial contract with you.
C) Delta (and Patty) could actually choose to file suit against you for libel and request the courts to force you to pay restitution based on your statements and their potential for causing commercial loses.
D) Just because you're sitting behind your computer somewhere typing away thinking you are anonymous does not mean you're anonymous and that you cannot be held responsible for your false statements and out right lies.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 5:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Big_Dutch
C) Delta (and Patty) could actually choose to file suit against you for libel and request the courts to force you to pay restitution based on your statements and their potential for causing commercial loses.
I'll be the first to admit I haven't read much of this 3 page thread but posting the truth (assuming that's what the OP did) means the OP did not create a libel situation (although you can sue for just about anything these days but as long as it was the truth the courts will find in the OP's favor)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 6:39 am

Programs: DL PM, UA E- inhabitant
Originally Posted by arfgoblue
Post fare class.

ONLY way you would be upgraded is if YBM and SWU....is that the case?
No that's not the case. OP is a Plat, not DM and travelled on a U fare. Not upgrade eligible end of story.

OP how about you just man up. Maybe that U fare is refundable with a penalty. It is not upgradeable. Are you sure your an Amex centurion? Because if you are I find it humorously ironic that you'd be sitting in coach to ICN with such spending power.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:02 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold
In before lock. Grabbing some popcorn and kicking back to watch this show!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:22 am

No that's not the case. OP is a Plat, not DM and travelled on a U fare. Not upgrade eligible end of story.

OP how about you just man up. Maybe that U fare is refundable with a penalty. It is not upgradeable. Are you sure your an Amex centurion? Because if you are I find it humorously ironic that you'd be sitting in coach to ICN with such spending power.
+1 exactly! (Waiting patiently for rebuttal...)
Old Apr 3, 2011, 7:45 am

I'm starting to get bored wth this, though it is entertaining.

Last edited by jetta2.0t; Apr 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:08 am

Hee hee. This happened once to us on DL too. (DTW-LAX) But WE got the UGs. DYKWIA grumbled and complained all the way down the aisle, "This wouldn't happen on AA". A very sweet, but embarrased FA whispered to my DH that we could move. The DYKWIA was left to sit in what my son refers to as "The Screaming Baby Section" (SBS?) I always say DTW-based crews are the best.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 8:44 am

Programs: DL Diamond Ham Sandwich
Originally Posted by kboikefo
Hee hee. This happened once to us on DL too. (DTW-LAX) But WE got the UGs. DYKWIA grumbled and complained all the way down the aisle, "This wouldn't happen on AA". A very sweet, but embarrased FA whispered to my DH that we could move. The DYKWIA was left to sit in what my son refers to as "The Screaming Baby Section" (SBS?) I always say DTW-based crews are the best.
Are you bragging about being given an UG as a NRSA on a domestic flight ahead of elites in coach?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 9:10 am

Sucks you didn't get an upgrade but whining to the forums because a woman and 2 children were upgraded over you is pretty weak. Man up.

Karma.
Old Apr 3, 2011, 10:17 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
-
Do you ever have anything GOOD to report?
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:31 am

So the troll sends me a msg with some interesting threats. He also went on to say he's a federal employee at the white house but his FT profile says he's an investment banker!!
Old Apr 3, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: SPG Plat, Emerald Exec., PC Plat, AA, CO, DL, UBS Charter Card, Palladium Card, Amex Plat

He's Centurion. What you don't realize is there is A LOT of people with centurion cards that aren't "well to do." You can funnel business expenses thru your Amex and at the end of the year have a $10k income and still get the Cent, there is no income or net worth requirements here.

Last edited by mlad1101; Apr 3, 2011 at 11:45 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.