Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Targeted Promotion - Reward for Keepin/Upping Status (Silv,Gold,Plat,Dia)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted Promotion - Reward for Keepin/Upping Status (Silv,Gold,Plat,Dia)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
FO message has a mistake

Wife made FO this year but got the email. There is an issue though - It says FO gets Skyteam Elite Plus .

- naroowal
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS, SQ, SPG, IHG
Nice little promotion. I received one too--I requalified for Gold last week, and will be hitting Plat around May with my bookings.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
Got this as a Silver:

Thank you for being a Silver MedallionŽ member and for your loyalty to us. We would like to offer you the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive reward.

Fly six qualifying Delta segments* anytime between April 1 and June 30, 2011, and you'll receive double flown miles. (That's just three nonstop round-trip flights.)
Then fly and enjoy a 75% mileage bonus on all Delta marketed/operated flights flown July 1 through December 31, 2011. As a Silver Medallion, you already earn a 25% mileage bonus. Add that to the 75% mileage bonus and you'll be earning a total bonus of 100%. That's double flown miles on all paid Delta flights for six months.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:29 pm

Programs: DL PM, HHonors Silver
A Gift for Silver Medallions

Thank you for being a Silver MedallionŽ member and for your loyalty to us. We would like to offer you the opportunity to enjoy an exclusive reward.

Fly six qualifying Delta segments* anytime between April 1 and June 30, 2011, and you'll receive double flown miles. (That's just three nonstop round-trip flights.)
Then fly and enjoy a 75% mileage bonus on all Delta marketed/operated flights flown July 1 through December 31, 2011. As a Silver Medallion, you already earn a 25% mileage bonus. Add that to the 75% mileage bonus and you'll be earning a total bonus of 100%. That's double flown miles on all paid Delta flights for six months.
Best of all, as of January 1, 2011, we eliminated mileage expiration so you can redeem miles on your timeline, not ours. And, as a Silver Medallion member with Delta, you already enjoy:
A dedicated Medallion phone line.
Waived baggage fees.
Unlimited Rollover Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs).
Unlimited Complimentary Upgrades for paid tickets.
Access to Preferred Seats.
SkyTeamŽ Elite status in our global network.
With this exclusive offer to earn double flown miles, we hope you make Delta your airline of choice now and in the future.

http://dmn.delta.com/offers/thankyou/

*A qualifying Delta segment is defined as a paid Delta marketed/operated nonstop or direct flight that has the same flight number from point of origin to point of destination and earns mileage credit.

If I'm understanding this right a qualifying segmement is different than an MQ Segment so unless you live in a hub, or an area with a lot of nonstops. Or am I, hopefully, reading this wrong
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:31 pm

Programs: Hy Glob,Choice Dia, MR TIT,IHG SPR,HH Dia, Wyn Dia, UA Sil, WN Alis, Hert 5*, National EE
100% redeemable is all I really want anyway so I will likely go for it.
I wonder if I can double dip and earn the 25/50/100 bonus for higher qualification too?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
I received the same email. After the third RT I make in this promo period though, I will only have a few more flights to make before I will be gold and I am sure DL won't give me the 75% bonus miles on top of the gold 100% miles.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
This I like. Whatever the targeting is, I fit in. I was afraid the target was for people slacking off in Q1. Maybe it's for first-time golds?

In any case, 50k skymiles for zero change in my anticipated flight patterns is a nice bonus, and if I fly more than expected and am in range of diamond an extra incentive to consider pushing for it.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:32 pm

Programs: DL Spam; SPG Gold; other randoms
I also got the "Exclusive Reward Reserved for My Loyalty". Qualified for Gold last week. Not sure if that is related...

I'd still rather roll over 24,999 MQM's than qualify for Plat next year.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:34 pm

Programs: TK CP, Lapsed DL FO, Mr. <3Vacations Free Rider, Numerous programs
hmm...I want that e-mail

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM (FO soon), A3 Gold, TK Classic Plus, SPG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, National EE
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Will be interested to see who all gets it, but I'm guessing it's going to be folks not on pace to keep their current status.
I'm gold and on pace for plat and was targeted. First-time medallion last year, so maybe it's "people declining plus people new to status".

Programs: DL GM
I wonder if they are sending this out to all Silvers?

Eligibility:
Only members who receive this communication directly from Delta Air Lines are eligible to participate in this offer. This offer is
non-transferable. This offer cannot be combined with other Delta/SkyTeam offers. To participate in this offer, eligible members must register online by June 30, 2011, purchase tickets and then travel between April 1 and June 30, 2011. (Existing reservations for travel within the qualification period will qualify with this promotion.)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:35 pm

Programs: DL GM, Hyatt
I received the same e-mail as houserulz77.

I have only flown once so far this year, although I scored 25K MQM with the Amex Plat 50K MR bonus transferred to Skypesos, so already up to 33K MQM. I have several long haul trips planned this spring, and still have my DL Plat Amex, so should have no problem making the GM threshold. No way I'll make Diamond, but may be worth an extra trip for the 50K RDM PM bonus (really 70K, if one adds on the 20K RDM Choice bonus, but spidaspouse has been wanting FO status).
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:35 pm
Suspended

DL Offer

Originally Posted by xolinlevh
Just got this email from DL, perfect as I just re-qualified for Gold last week, and after this weekend will be about 5k from Plat.

Hello Mr. Xolinlevh,

We would like to say thank you for being a Gold MedallionŽ member and for your loyalty to us.
Earn Gold Medallion status with us again for 2012 and we'll give you 25,000 bonus miles.
Or, earn Platinum Medallion status for 2012 and get 50,000 bonus miles.
Or, earn Diamond Medallion status for 2012 and get 100,000 bonus miles.
For this one-time bonus, qualify for any one of the above Medallion levels by flying the required number of Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) or Medallion Qualification Segments (MQSs) by December 31, 2011. Any MQMs earned above your Medallion qualification level at the end of the year will automatically roll over to your MQM balance for status qualification the following year. That's a benefit no other airline can offer.
Link?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:36 pm

Programs: Delta Silver Medalion, American Express Platinum
I just signed up my wife and she didn't recive the email.
Old Mar 23, 2011, 2:37 pm
coz

Programs: DL GM
I got this as well, but just booked 6 RT's last night

I'm having a hard time reading the fine print on this one. It says:

Purchase and fly at least six (6) qualifying Delta or Delta ConnectionŽ marketed and operated flight segments between April 1 and June 30
Does that mean they have to be purchased (anytime) and then flown April 1 to June 30th?

Do I have to Purchase after April 1?

I am still within 24 hours on my flights.. just wondering if I would be better off canceling the flights and rebooking in a week...

hrmm..

Coz

------
Edit:

Found answer.. Apparently if I read the whole thing it DOES qualify:

(Existing reservations for travel within the qualification period will qualify with this promotion.)

Last edited by coz; Mar 23, 2011 at 2:39 pm Reason: Found Answer

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.