Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Does an AF operated flight bought as an SV codeshare earn miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium

I may be flying to RUH in April, and I'm looking at BOS-CDG-RUH. It's about $1,000 cheaper to buy the ticket if I buy the CDG-RUH as an SV (Saudi Arabian Airlines) codeshare instead of directly from AF. Will I still earn DL miles if I do so?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 8:01 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
You won't earn DL miles on an SV-operated flight (until SV joins SkyTeam). Doesn't matter if it's AF-coded or not, as ST-coded flights must be ST-operated to earn miles. Until SV is in the alliance, it's not very easy to get to/from RUH while earning DL miles. (I'm going to RUH in May and have just given up any hope of getting DL miles and am now just hoping my sponsors get me the BA non-stop, since they're paying for J and I'd rather earn miles on a OW carrier than fly SV's J product and get worthless SV miles.)
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL GM 1MM, MR LT Titanium
My situation would be the other way around: it would be operated by AF but purchased from SV. I want to know if I purchase a SkyTeam operated flight from a non-SkyTeam carrier, if I'll be eligible for DL miles.
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding. The answer is still no, as the earning rules all say "carrier name-marketed", so if you've got an SV-marketed flight operated by AF, DL's just going to see it as SV-marketed. Is there any way you can buy it from SV but get them to give you the AF-coded flight instead of the SV-coded flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.