Wiki Posts
Search

DL 129 SEA-PEK Turnaround

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2011, 1:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Sky Miles DM
DL 129 SEA-PEK Turnaround

Last night we did a return after 1:45 in the air on DL129, due to engine compressor malfunction, and returned to SEA. Thankfull after dumping fuel we landed safely and the red coats where there to meet us and took us to the Skyclub for rebooking. In Delta handled this IROPS well.

As ususall as soon as laned I call the Diamond line to get rebooked, and since I would be a day late into PEK, I decided to just get rebooked to PVG, were I was going the next day anyway from PEK.

I got rebooked fine, but my only gripe is that I had to call back a second time and get a different agent who took care of it. The first Diamond agent told me "no upgrade seats available to PVG tomorrow sorry". So knowing the routine, I kindly said thanks for looking I will talk to gate agent, and immediately call back, got a different agent and she took take of it in 5 minutes. Not even a question from the second agent. Just "let me take care of that Mr. -------"

The rest went fine, nice Hilton hotel, promopt baggage retrevial, and prompt shuttle, $30 in meal vouchers.

Delta has to have consitency in the Daimond Agents (or all agents for that matter). Am i missing something here?

Also, any other FT folks on DL129 on March 18th? I notice after being told last night is was rescheduled to redepart SEA at 8am on March 19th, it is now listed as DL9860 and scheduled to leave at 2:30pm. Hope everybody gets to where they are going OK.
Old Mar 19, 2011, 2:42 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by liuenci
As ususall as soon as laned I call the Diamond line to get rebooked, . . . . . .I decided to just get rebooked to PVG, were I was going the next day anyway from PEK. . . . . . and she took take of it in 5 minutes. Not even a question from the second agent. Just "let me take care of that Mr. -------"
So, the moral of the story is - - Diamonds are a girl's best friend??? . . . I guess?

I expect to be finding out in a couple of months!
Old Mar 19, 2011, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
So was the OP booked into J (via upgrade cert or miles) on the original SEA-PEK flight that returned to SEA?

-RM
Old Mar 20, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Saw the OPs plane in PEK tonight after landing from ULN. Looks like it made it ok, but Im sorry to hear of the problems you had. I wonder if most people took alternate flights or if the flight still went out full. Will they run it full back tonight or did they just delay today's flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.