Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PHL question

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:27 am

Programs: DL MM, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by indufan
Southwest NJ = Philadelphia as far as I am concerned. And I don't know ANYTHING about the cast of Jersey Shore.
Hardly. That's a complete insult. There's a reason we charge "them" to enter the state of Pennsylvania. We have standards (and I've kept my jaw firmly locked the entire time I said that)
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by jimrpa
Hardly. That's a complete insult. There's a reason we charge "them" to enter the state of Pennsylvania. We have standards (and I've kept my jaw firmly locked the entire time I said that)
The same is true all around the perimeter of NJ... i.e., DE, PA, NY. All bridges out of NJ have tolls for those exiting NJ, but not for those entering.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by natas43
I did notice that DL was boarding out of D3 on Tuesday morning, too. I forget what flight it was (it wasn't MEM, DTL, or MSP). Maybe ATL? I thought it was odd that they were using a gate that high up in D, although I have seen DL planes parked there in the AM from the night before
I have seen them use this gate several times. It is staffed in an inconvenient fashion. GAs come up periodically to make announcements, then they go back to the end of the concourse to chitchat with their buddies. I once watched a captain try to get through the door to the jetway, wait a while, then go chase down a GA so he could get out to the plane to do his preliminaries.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 4:57 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I have seen them use this gate several times. It is staffed in an inconvenient fashion. GAs come up periodically to make announcements, then they go back to the end of the concourse to chitchat with their buddies. I once watched a captain try to get through the door to the jetway, wait a while, then go chase down a GA so he could get out to the plane to do his preliminaries.
We boarded at D3 for SLC. Thought they were joking when I saw the gate change. No seating (since they changed to tables for food court overflow) and no terminals for check in. At checkin time to GA came over with hand scanners for the tickets.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ross123
We boarded at D3 for SLC. Thought they were joking when I saw the gate change. No seating (since they changed to tables for food court overflow) and no terminals for check in. At checkin time to GA came over with hand scanners for the tickets.
I wish DL would take over that gate and make it a real gate. It would be conveniently close to the new Sky Club, after it opens in 2026.

Well, they have some time to think about it.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
I wish DL would take over that gate and make it a real gate. It would be conveniently close to the new Sky Club, after it opens in 2026.

Well, they have some time to think about it.
Came in from ATL the other night on a 757 and parked at D3... sort of like the parking aspect of it cause its a long walk from the hammerhead after a long day at work and a connecting flight. A shorter walk to the ground transport is always welcome.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.