Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Biscoff Wars

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 10:30 am

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion | SPG Gold
I found out that Vons grocery stores actually carry them, huge sleeves of them.... I've had to ban myself from that store now
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Just found this company that is marketing speculoos spread in the US:

http://www.tamarinspread.com/

Watch out for the high fat content! 6g per 2 Tbsp serving is double the fat found in peanut butter. I guess we'll have to enjoy in moderation ...
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:42 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
I have consumed both of these things, when on an extended business trip in Rotterdam some time ago. I have since resisted, including on DL. On DL it is because I normally do not eat their food, otherwise because they are not exactly my cup of tea. I am reminded of Marmite, which I also will not consume.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by traveltravel
Just found this company that is marketing speculoos spread in the US:

http://www.tamarinspread.com/

Watch out for the high fat content! 6g per 2 Tbsp serving is double the fat found in peanut butter. I guess we'll have to enjoy in moderation ...

What kind of peanut butter only has 3 grams of fat per 2 Tbsp? I need to get some.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:30 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
The last 4 flights I traveled on didn't offer up the Biscoff cookies. They just slapped 2 bags of peanuts on my tray.

I love me some Biscoff.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
Originally Posted by jbcarioca
I have consumed both of these things, when on an extended business trip in Rotterdam some time ago. I have since resisted, including on DL. On DL it is because I normally do not eat their food, otherwise because they are not exactly my cup of tea. I am reminded of Marmite, which I also will not consume.
Comparing Biscoffs to Marmite? Blasphemy!
Old Feb 17, 2011, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by a7800
What kind of peanut butter only has 3 grams of fat per 2 Tbsp? I need to get some.
My bad! I was looking at SATURATED fat on the jar of Skippy in my cupboard. Here are the comparisons for a 2 Tbsp serving:

Tamarin Spread
Calories 200 / From fat 130
Total Fat 15g (23%)
Saturated Fat 6g (30%)
Trans Fat 0g

Skippy Creamy Peanut Butter
Calories 190 / From fat 140
Total Fat 16g (25%)
Saturated Fat 3g (15%)
Trans Fat 0g

So ... all in all the two products are comparable except for saturated fat content.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:00 am

Programs: Delta PM; IHG Plat, Avis Preferred, AA/UA kettle, Spirit/Frontier/Allegiant survivor
I found some great Biscoff gelato in Tel Aviv last year. Mass marketing that would be dangerous.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 5:10 am

bought a box load of biscoff recently (went through like 6 bags already. think im going to get diabetes now) and they came with some of the spread samples for free.

spreading them on two slabs of biscoff and eating it together = biscoff overkill. still cant decide if its a good or bad thing.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 6:49 am

Squeeze a lime over a Biscoff. Tastes just like key lime pie (circa 2002).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.