Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Day Hotels in ATL

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:06 pm
Original Poster

Day Hotels in ATL

According to the recent issue of Global Traveler Minute Suites near B15 offer mini suites for $30-$40 an hour. Have a redeye coming up soon & may consider their use. Anyone used them; comments?
Old Feb 12, 2011, 7:52 pm

I haven't used them as ATL is my home airport, but here is a link to their site in case you weren't aware that it existed. http://minutesuites.com/
Old Feb 12, 2011, 10:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the link. The "rooms" look a wee bit on the small side. And for $30.00 an hour....let your imagination think of the worth of it...
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:53 am

The Renaissance Concourse Hotel offers a day rate, under $60 if memory serves. Perfect location, and free shuttle to/from the terminal - not to mention good views of the airfield if you have a balcony room.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, DL Silver
I've always heard of airport hotels offering a day rate, so you'd get more than an hour (usually until 5pm or something). I'd much rather have a nice large room.

I checked out the website - it's just a tiny room and it doesn't have a real bed or shower. If you have more than an hour, I'd definitely rather have a hotel room with a real bed and a real hot shower. Plus, room service if you have time for a meal.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 5:11 am

Location: In the process of moving from Dubai back to Tokyo because I didn't like it there. Working in Melaka, Malaysia now.
Programs: No longer loyal to any airline.
Exclamation

Yeah, way too expensive!!

We have similar dayrooms at NRT for around $10 an hour!!
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:15 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by CalDeltaFlyer
Thanks for the link. The "rooms" look a wee bit on the small side. And for $30.00 an hour....let your imagination think of the worth of it...
Well, I see it as a viable alternative to a SkyClub pass at $50 (if you don't have the Amex card). In the SkyClub, you can drink and snack while in the Minute Suites you can nap and watch your own TV choices. Both offer internet.

If you are there a looong time, a day rate at a hotel would be more economical.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:07 pm

Atlanta airport hotels are often a great deal on priceline.com. I can usually score a 4* Hotel (Westin in the most common) for a bid of $50. Check in is around 3 pm. Free shuttle. Check out biddingfortravel for winning bids.

Happydad
Old Feb 13, 2011, 4:49 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Originally Posted by happydad100
Atlanta airport hotels are often a great deal on priceline.com. I can usually score a 4* Hotel (Westin in the most common) for a bid of $50. Check in is around 3 pm. Free shuttle. Check out biddingfortravel for winning bids.

Happydad
The problem with priceline (I use it all the time by the way) is the check-in time. For a "day room" it is a tough option.

And I prefer to check betterbidding.com for PL and Hotwire, though I do check BFT too.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.