Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AF TATL Service in BE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ncvet61
Our flight has 1hr 50min. Both the arrival from ATL and departure to SVO are listed as Terminal 2E. So we need to go through security at CDG?
You got lucky there. Don't think you have to go back through security, we had to change terminals... 1 h 50 m you should have plenty of time.
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:03 pm

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
Did your bag make it?
We were in ATL waiting for the bags saying "there's no way!" But somehow they made it!
Old Feb 5, 2011, 2:24 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Originally Posted by DeltaFan4Now
Last summer had 1 h 05 m to connect at CDG. Barely made it, running through the terminals, and this was with the AF special security lines (yep, you have to go back through security at CDG) for J passengers... It's risky (depending on how busy) but possible, especially if you can move briskly and save $150...
I did LHR-CDG on AF and CDG-PIT on DL last October. The first flight, on AF metal, parked at a gate at the easternmost finger of 2F; and the DL flight left from Gate 38 in 2E. AF buses you from 2F to 2E so you miss immigration formalities, but you have to go through security in 2E. Although I got off the first flight at something like 0950, the bus to 2E didn't pick me up until 1005, and it wasn't until 1025 that I got through security. I ran downstairs into the AF lounge to have a quick drink and use the facilities, so I didn't get to the gate until 1040, when Zone 4 had just been called. So, it is doable, but just.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 12:37 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AF doesn't have BE. Their long-haul business class is called "affaires." They also offer a true international first class on some flights. (I always laugh when I see the French term "voyage d'affaires" which means business trip and not cruise with one's mistress. In French, the word for affair is "aventure" (spelling?), like adventure.)

Originally Posted by ND76
AF will always have a soft spot in my heart--I took my 82 year old dad to Europe to visit my daughter during her sophomore year in Rome program. I went out to California to pick him up; we were on DL code-share tickets on AF SFO-CDG-BUD (we took 5 days to travel around Hungary and Austria by train on our way down to Rome, then came home on AF and DL FCO-CDG-ATL-SFO). I bought M fares so that we could upgrade with miles, but DL wouldn't make seats available, and the SFO Crown Room wouldn't help us. When we got to AF, a wonderful lady behind the counter told us that she thought there would be enough seats in J to accomodate upgrades for both of us; she was working the gate too, and they cleared 5 J passsengers into F, and my dad and I got the last two open seats in J. The next 10 hours were probably the best flight of my life. My dad passed on 3 years ago; he took me traveling all over North America when I was young--I got the chance to thank him by taking him on a magnificent trip to Europe. Thank you, Air France.
What a beautiful story.

Originally Posted by jimrpa
Ok everyone, raise you hands if you knew what a "plated amuse-bouche" was WITHOUT resorting to Google or Wikipedia
I know.

Originally Posted by DLNYC
Hands raised. I wish DL would serve amuse-bouche. Easy, inexpensive, and adds a world of class to any meal service.
At some point NW did offer something on a tiny ivory fork IIRC instead of the mixed nuts. It was a bit bigger than bite-size and thus awkward to eat. An amuse bouche should be small (or NW should have served it with some utensil).

Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
Bear in mind you should use your DL ticket number (begins in 006). The six-digit record locator may not work, because AF uses its own record locator (which you can get from DL).
Yes. Different carriers have different PNRs for the same reservation/ticket. Ideally these should be documented in the PNR/ticket so that it isn't necessary to call DL or its partner to learn the other PNRs.

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
One other benefit of flying AF is you are more likely to have an empty seat next to you because DL is, like many US carriers, extremely generous with NRSAs. I would take an AF flight with two seats for me to spread out over any single DL seat any day (though the reverse is also true).
However, AF tends to upgrade the pilot's family.

Originally Posted by ncvet61
Our flight has 1hr 50min. Both the arrival from ATL and departure to SVO are listed as Terminal 2E. So we need to go through security at CDG?
I suspect you will need to go through security (but not passport control) in 2E. IIRC, CDG 2E keeps arriving passengers separate from departing passengers. In any event, for the return you must go through the special security lines for flights to the US.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.