Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Upgrade Success Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
2011 Upgrade Success Thread

A week into the new year, I thought I would kick this one off...

My UG Success:

0%:
0/2

Since I made DM in early November my UG percentage is 25% (3/12), and I am frequently stuck in a middle seat in Y. I always ask the GA's if I could switch to a seat previously occupied by an upgraded medallion, and the answer is always 'No'.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
100%
6 for 6
^
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:11 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I am 6/6.

What routes are you flying? Days/times.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:12 am

Programs: DL MM, DL DM, Marriott PP
Well, if you do Mon-Fri ATL-SFO or so then that is almost normal on lower fares. Mine is 4/4 so far and I have UG confirmed for the Sunday itinerary. So it's almost 6/6.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
9 for 10 so far and the one miss was the second leg of a 25k Y award so no complaints here. Watching very closely though...
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:24 am

Programs: DL PM
I'm flying ATL-SLC next Friday and EF is already showing V0 for it.

However, the return redeye early in the AM on MLK Day is V9^
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM; HH Diamond; Starwood Plat, Lifetime Gold; Hertz President's Circle
When I was doing ATL-SFO on Sundays/Mondays and back on Fridays, I exhausted my PMU certificates and then upgraded with miles whenever possible, and got one upgrade on an L fare SFO-ATL on a mid-day Friday flight (the SC agent couldn't believe her eyes!).

Now I am doing ATL-DFW on Monday mornings and back on Thursday afternoons. Recently, when I purchases my tickets ~2 weeks out, both flights are V0 for all Monday morning flights and all Thursday afternoon flights, so there is no hope for a T-6 window upgrade. I know that flying at these times greatly reduces my chances. These routes used to typically be 757's, and have been reduced to 738's and MD-88's, thus reducing the upgrade possibility even more. This week, I was #3 on the list with 2 seats available at the gate on Monday, and I was #6 on the list with 5 seats available at the gate on yesterday's flight.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Delta GM/1.5MM ~ United Silver ~ Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Just booked buf-atl-clt-alt-buf, 1st flight of the year, out on tuesday afternoon and return thursday afternoon. Cleared the 1st two at purchase (orig k class). Return in L class hasn't cleared yet at 6 days out.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by wjudge
A week into the new year, I thought I would kick this one off...

My UG Success:

0%:
0/2

Since I made DM in early November my UG percentage is 25% (3/12), and I am frequently stuck in a middle seat in Y. I always ask the GA's if I could switch to a seat previously occupied by an upgraded medallion, and the answer is always 'No'.
Sorry OP, but "I didn't get upgraded" threads posted by DMs are becoming a dime a dozen around here.

And DL management is going to make it even harder for you when they start monetizing FC.

Add your vote to the poll:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...p-program.html
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter
Sorry OP, but "I didn't get upgraded" threads posted by DMs are becoming a dime a dozen around here.

And DL management is going to make it even harder for you when they start monetizing FC.

I realize that. I voted already. Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
I'm very happy to be 0 for 0. Thankfully haven't had to leave home yet.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wjudge
I realize that. I voted already. Thanks!
Thanks to you too.

I hope your luck improves, and that the ingrates within DL management don't make it harder for you, and the rest of us.

After all,

"Loyalty programs should be loyal... If you go out of your way to fly with an airline, it should go out of its way to thank you... After all, it's called a loyalty program. Rewarding you is the whole point."

http://msp.imirus.com//Mpowered/imir...sue=11&page=12
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by StayingHomeIsBetter

I'm 4/4 using SWU domestically.

Yesterday MSP-SAN had a person next to me (1C, I was in 1D) was a LUT IROP upgrade to Y to F - granted, the IROP was a mechanical resulting in a misconnect, but with 17 medallions on the gate upgrade list, this isn't right.

Delta - upgrade your medallions first, please. It's the deal you had us buy into to ensure our ongoing loyalty.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Bicostal
Delta - upgrade your medallions first, please. It's the deal you had us buy into to ensure our ongoing loyalty.
^ +infinity
Old Jan 7, 2011, 10:21 am

Programs: Northwest Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Intercontinental Royal Ambassador, National Executive Elite
4/4 with my companion getting all 4 as well!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.