Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2011, 2:51 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
Originally Posted by linsj
I signed up, hoping to use the miles accrued for free conference faculty tickets. I was shocked to see that a free ticket is 85,000 miles!
....isn't that about normal for DL ?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle
I noticed that promo... make sure you registered for that promo because if you don't register for that specific one, you won't get the bonus.
I can attest to this - I enrolled, but somehow forgot to enter the promo code. Got my account approvde - with 0 points.

I called and requested the bonus be added to the account (new account, opened 24 hours before calling) - we'll see if the points will get added.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by linsj
I signed up, hoping to use the miles accrued for free conference faculty tickets. I was shocked to see that a free ticket is 85,000 miles!
Remember, SkyBonus points are *in addition to* your personal SkyMiles points/perks earned. They aren't intended to be worth as much. They're roughly worth one-third as much, plus they are much more difficult to earn (outside occasional generous bonus offers, like the ones mentioned in this thread). View it as something extra, not as a replacement nor the only rewards program they have.
Old Jan 8, 2011, 6:18 pm

Programs: MS Plat, AOR ninja
signed up! Thanks for posting this.
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:22 am

Exclamation

Yikes, link dead?

http://variousthingslive.com/delta/

Anyone have an alternate?
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:37 am

http://skybonus.delta.com/mainMenu.s...IZ&Language=EN
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:42 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by greattypo
Yikes, link dead?

http://variousthingslive.com/delta/

Anyone have an alternate?
That promo is *not* the one I cited in my original post in this thread. Someone else mentioned that one, and it appears the entire variousthingslive.com domain is dead (at least at the time I'm posting this). It's more likely that something is wrong with the domain/server, not just that the promo was pulled. The expiration date listed for it was February 28, 2011, making it particularly unlikely that it was pulled, as that would mean it was pulled prematurely. I notice that Delta doesn't appear to own that domain, which isn't unusual in that they often outsource promotions and their hosting to third parties, though the WHOIS info on that one doesn't match what is typical.

In any case, I believe the SB2011NEW promo code is still valid (no one has yet posted the detailed terms, so I'm not sure), and you can enter that directly from Delta.com's SkyBonus page, so no worries about validity. Others have reported that the bonus points posted instantly in 2011, so the offer is probably still good.

Last edited by mooper; Jan 10, 2011 at 11:56 am
Old Jan 10, 2011, 12:45 pm

sssshhhhhh

I was going to let this thread fade into obscurity, but since it's back on top again, I will post again.....I got my drink chits fedexed to me 3 days after I ordered them...very efficient. I didnt realize that all 20 expire at the end of the year. So unless we have a few coach flights on DL this year, or a destination where I dont have to get a rental car, there will be a few up for karma on CC....or i could be like the guy in front of me on our last DL flight to Jamaica and pass the extras out to the people around him. (cool way to start a vacation)
I wonder if the lounge passes are good for 1 year from issuance or till the end of the year you get them?...my main concern is that as easy as this was, that it would get out on sites like S.L.I.C.K.D.E.A.L.S. and be ruined by the resulting massive wave of signups for fast free stuff.

Last edited by wise2u; Jan 10, 2011 at 12:45 pm Reason: sp
Old Jan 10, 2011, 11:09 pm

Programs: WoH Globalist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
I signed up using the SB2011 code but when my account was created I had 0 points. I sent and email to customer service around a week ago and I haven't heard back from them yet. I hope it works.

No other promotions show at my panel. Is that normal?
Old Jan 12, 2011, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by mooper
In any case, I believe the SB2011NEW promo code is still valid (no one has yet posted the detailed terms, so I'm not sure), and you can enter that directly from Delta.com's SkyBonus page, so no worries about validity. Others have reported that the bonus points posted instantly in 2011, so the offer is probably still good.
I enrolled yesterday. Confirmed today and the 25k points are in my account.

Thanks Mooper!^

Edited to add that I did the SB University and the points posted immediately.

Last edited by CalVol; Jan 12, 2011 at 11:34 am
Old Jan 13, 2011, 12:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Airon
I signed up using the SB2011 code...

...No other promotions show at my panel. Is that normal?
You mean SB2011NEW ?

No, that's not normal. Once your account is live, you should see all current promos listed.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: Delta Silver thanks to Million Miles; Choice Plat., point scrounger everywhere
I just want to make sure I understand this. I think I do.

I am self employed and assume I can sign up. I have a business partner and when we travel together we go on our own dime. I assume he can just put my business number in and my account will get the Skybonus points.

My wife works for a company and buys tickets on her company credit card about once a month. I would assume she could use this number, too, and I would get the credit. If a friend or family member tells me they are buying a ticket, I can say, "Hey, put my number in, too!" Is this right? Is there no list of employees or anything?
Old Jan 15, 2011, 4:59 pm

Programs: Too Many.....
Originally Posted by Rebelyell
I just want to make sure I understand this. I think I do.

I am self employed and assume I can sign up. I have a business partner and when we travel together we go on our own dime. I assume he can just put my business number in and my account will get the Skybonus points.

My wife works for a company and buys tickets on her company credit card about once a month. I would assume she could use this number, too, and I would get the credit. If a friend or family member tells me they are buying a ticket, I can say, "Hey, put my number in, too!" Is this right? Is there no list of employees or anything?
That is correct..^ It would be easier to have the people you know that fly just put the number in their profile then you will get credit every time.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
thanks for this one!

I signed up and the system said something along the lines of, "success, you have submitted your application and will be notified within 48 hours." So I guess I wait now to see if they accept my bit-ness.

BTW, what's a "chit"?

MM
Old Jan 20, 2011, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marathon Man
BTW, what's a "chit"?
Something you take after eating lots of broccoli and beans, especially if they are mixed in with some bad meat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.