Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Own A Business? Free/easy 20 Delta Drink Chits!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2012, 11:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
Well everyone, I still don't know what my wife and I can do with these 27k sky bonus points each, but I have something saying they will expire at some point and like Singapore Airlines, it seems they expire in certain time frames regardless of activity. For example, my acct with its 27k points is slated to delete those points as of 12/12/31 so if I could find a way to use them on something I would.

IN THE MEANTIME... I just got an email to do a survey and get 10k more points!
I just received one too, but mine was for 30K and had a unique tracking code linked to my account (meaning I can't submit more than once).
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:03 pm

Programs: PC Pl, UA 1K, CC Gl
Originally Posted by mooper
I just received one too, but mine was for 30K and had a unique tracking code linked to my account (meaning I can't submit more than once).
Same for me. Great!
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:32 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by mooper
Was just about to post this - when you beat me to it
Old Aug 16, 2012, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA, BA, UA, Spirit, Delta, PC Plat, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Gold
Got 10 .
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:13 am

Programs: Delta silver, HH silver, IHG platinum, SPG gold, AMEX platinum
10k too

10K here as well. I redeemed 10K last year for the drink cirts and actually managed to use most of them. (They expired end of 2011 and I never tried to see if DL would take expired ones...oh well). PM me if you'd like to donate any extras to me
Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:58 am

Programs: Starwood, Delta, American Airlines, USA, United
Originally Posted by mnscout
Got 10 .
I got 10,000 too! Delta points (Rene) got the 30,000 point survey!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:06 am

I got a Rock
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:46 pm

I too got the 10k survey. FYI - drink chits should really be drink or snack chits. DL's chits are good for non-perishable snacks too. Makes them more useful than chits on other airlines.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 5:42 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by oshelef
DL's chits are good for non-perishable snacks too. Makes them more useful than chits on other airlines.
Holy Chits!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 6:06 pm

Also got the extra 10k. Can one ask the FA not to open the beer or wine and just take like 10 bottles home? Otherwise I guess drinks are on me for everyone on my next flight!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 7:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Starwood Platinum
I Give Mine Away.

I give one to every service man or woman I see waiting for a flight in the Delta corridor. It's the least I can do to say "thank you"!
Old Aug 17, 2012, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by oshelef
I too got the 10k survey. FYI - drink chits should really be drink or snack chits. DL's chits are good for non-perishable snacks too. Makes them more useful than chits on other airlines.
The HOOUs from SkyBonus are NOT good for snacks (unless this has changed very recently). They are still the old style good for beer, wine, cocktail, or headset.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tmpy
I give one to every service man or woman I see waiting for a flight in the Delta corridor. It's the least I can do to say "thank you"!
^
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:25 am

Thanks OP!

I signed up and got the 25k and 2k from SkyBonus University.

I rarely fly on paid DL flights and will not fly DL until October. Ideally, I would like to get 3k more points so I get the club passes. Is there any way to earn 3k points without flying DL? Otherwise, I will be having quite a few drinks on that flight.

Thanks for your insights.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by will2288
Thanks OP!

I signed up and got the 25k and 2k from SkyBonus University.

I rarely fly on paid DL flights and will not fly DL until October. Ideally, I would like to get 3k more points so I get the club passes. Is there any way to earn 3k points without flying DL? Otherwise, I will be having quite a few drinks on that flight.

Thanks for your insights.
Other than special bonuses and promos like the survey recently detailed, I don't know of other ways to earn SkyBonus points aside from flying Delta and their partners and earning as outlined on this page. That's not surprising, however, as it is a Delta loyalty program designed to reward you for flying Delta. If you've added your account number to the profiles of all your family/friends/employees, you will be gaining points when they fly, so perhaps you'll get your top-off points sooner than you're expecting?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.