Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Oh Delta...you're I.T. is just amusing now...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL

So, anyone else getting these interesting layovers recently? I thought Delta has "fixed" these?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:31 am

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
You have me scared to check my itins, although I do need to go to LEX and have not yet actively booked anything.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
We weren't supposed to tell anyone, but I suppose the cat's out of the bag, or at least it will be yesterday. At the recent DL/ATL DO, a couple folks indicated that time travel will be one of the new DM benefits.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
Hilarious!!! I hate to ask but... can the DL website get any worse?

I can't log in -- here we go again.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:11 pm

Programs: Delta DM MM, IHG Plat, Hilton DM, Marriott SE, Emerald EE, Oakdale Gun Club, NRA & GOA Life Member
Originally Posted by Exiled in Express
You have me scared to check my itins, although I do need to go to LEX and have not yet actively booked anything.
I have 3 weeks of flights booked into LEX starting tomorrow and I'll probably be booking a 4th today. But, I book all of mine through my company's travel website (run by AMEX). I've never had that happen to me...yet.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:13 pm
Used to be HSDebateCoach

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat, MR Plat Premier, Hertz Presidents Circle
Does Delta not realize how their IT issues cost them bookings? I am booking several large trips today and am trying to convince a group of adults to wait until IT fixes the site before eliminating Delta as an option (yes I realize there are options like calling, just not for the situation I am in right now).

Gah!!!!! *pulling hair out*
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Until recently, I had an itinerary for this month with some flights showing as 393 days in the future.

More seriously, on a flight into MSP a few days ago, another passenger discovered when checking his blackberry upon landing that delta.dumb had apparently sold him a FC ticket with zero minutes connecting time. I suspect that he spent the night in our fine city as it was the last flight of the day that he missed. I hope they paid to put him in a good hotel.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:49 pm

Logged in today and had some HORRID stuff for my May flight to FCO. The layover in JFK on the return was -4 hours. However, I did find one DM benefit.... called and got changed immediately to the non stop out of ATL which had not been an option when I booked for the low miles!
Old Jan 3, 2011, 12:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by HSDebateCoach
Does Delta not realize how their IT issues cost them bookings? I am booking several large trips today and am trying to convince a group of adults to wait until IT fixes the site before eliminating Delta as an option
I think you'll be waiting a LOOOONG time. The site has been crap since the lauded "updates" in terms of actual stability and basic functionality.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:02 pm

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
Obviously a unannounced benefit of super secret double diamond triple crown status...you get three coupons that allow you to go back three days in time.

BTW, what was the fare for this jewel?
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:10 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Our itineraries are OK with the exception of a trip to ANU where the dpt time was moved up by one minute.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL
Originally Posted by DLdweeb
Obviously a unannounced benefit of super secret double diamond triple crown status...you get three coupons that allow you to go back three days in time.

BTW, what was the fare for this jewel?
I was just searching it this morning, never booked it.

It is a leg from LEX-MCO RT. Looking at these flight details makes me wonder how on earth it's relevant to my original flight.

$124.00 + tax & fees
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:18 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
MODS - Can I move that this thread be encrypted and moved to the "negotiate it, trick it,.." thread under mile run discussions?

These fares are a GREAT way to put together an extended run C1-C8-C3 that gets you home the same day.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL PM/MM, Hilton Diamond, *wood plat, UA 1kc
I just received this whilst attempting to book a F/Biz ticket between BNA and ARN and between BNA and JNB...

We are unable to process your request. Please call the Delta Online Customer Support Desk at 1-888-750-3284 for assistance. Customers outside of the 50 United States should contact the Delta Reservations Sales office for their country. (#101727)
Old Jan 3, 2011, 1:34 pm

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
Sounds like delayed reaction to Y2K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.