Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2012, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Mine printed out fine this morning for my flight tonight for my DTW/ORD. Of course if I don't get the upgrade it probably won't do me much good since it's hard to get a drink on those short flights.
Old May 25, 2012, 7:55 am

Programs: AA lifetime Gold , DL Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TrojanTraveler
Mrs. TrojanTraveler nor I got HOOU this am (on separate computers). It showed on the screen, but we each got a printed error message on the boarding pass.

Also, we both fell off the upgrade list and can't even view it. Way to go DL IT...
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday, saw the HOOU on screen, but got the error message, tried another computer, same message. Must be some glitch on Delt.dumb.

Mr. Elliott
Old May 28, 2012, 11:14 pm

Originally Posted by The ATL BATL
My experience has been that if you get an advance upgrade on any of your legs (traveling in one direction) that you will not get the HOOU. This has nothing to do with pop-up blockers - just seems to be the way they've set up the program.

I did once get the HOOU on a same-day MR to the West Coast when my departure leg was UG but the return was not -- so it's not related to same-day travel.
My 1st of 2 legs tomorrow has a confirmed UG but I got a HOOU coupon with my BPs.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 5:04 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Another data point - no HOOU today for me, in coach, GM. Maybe the system thinks because I'm in EC flying International I'm already getting free drinks (I'm not, not Canada-US anyway).

Where HOOU coupon would normally appear is an ad for Amex Gold/Plat SkyClub day passes @ $25/pop. Given I'm neither eligible for Amex, and already have paid SC membership, this is a "boooo".

I'm 50/50 last few trips on HOOU, appears to be totally random.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:58 am

Programs: DL EOS...
No date or barcode?

OLCI for tomorrow, no window UG - printed BP and shows HOOU mid-lower RH side of the page but there's no barcode or expiration date as is normally the case.

IT glitch or something new???
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:12 am

Programs: WN peon (was A+), IHG Plat Hilton HHonors Gold DL SkyPesos PM (still a peon) US Chmn, Hawaiian Haole
Originally Posted by Jump
As someone who flies CR2s every week I've received one of these every time I print out my boarding pass twice a week for many months now. Tonight I'm getting a lame "Introducing Sky Priority". Ummmm, I'm a Diamond with you guys Delta. I think I already know about that. I've tried it on two different computers, neither with ....... software. Anyone else getting them as of late afternoon 12/21?
In my experience, if you are on a multi-segment flight and if one or more segs is in FC when you print your BP, you may not get the HOOU coupon. If you are not yet upgraded when you print your BP, you will get the coupon. This has been very consistent for me.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 3:50 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Delta Plat, National Executive
OK, where is "Have One On Us"?

The one I printed on 2nd try yesterday did not have bar code or expiration. Since I was in hotel the first printing the coupon area was left blank.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 4:46 pm

Programs: DL PM, USLess air & HHoners
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Mine printed out fine this morning for my flight tonight for my DTW/ORD. Of course if I don't get the upgrade it probably won't do me much good since it's hard to get a drink on those short flights.
Then give it to somebody who is standing at the gate area of a longer flight. I do this regularly if I get upgraded or don't use the HOOU.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:12 pm

Programs: DL EOS...
Originally Posted by JayRich
The one I printed on 2nd try yesterday did not have bar code or expiration. Since I was in hotel the first printing the coupon area was left blank.
Thanks for that. Mine is a normal looking HOOU simply no bar code or date that I'm used to seeing. Often when redeeming I give 'em the entire folded BP anyway so perhaps this is something new and tied to your BP and SM account?

Or, more likely, Deltamatic is simply throwing a fit. My luck the FA will refuse to honor it but I'm still winning the UG lottery and hopeful it will become moot point...
Old Aug 4, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Another data point - no HOOU today for me, in coach, GM. Maybe the system thinks because I'm in EC flying International I'm already getting free drinks (I'm not, not Canada-US anyway).

Where HOOU coupon would normally appear is an ad for Amex Gold/Plat SkyClub day passes @ $25/pop. Given I'm neither eligible for Amex, and already have paid SC membership, this is a "boooo".

I'm 50/50 last few trips on HOOU, appears to be totally random.
I'm flying internationally tomorrow in EC and still got one.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by Ti22
Thanks for that. Mine is a normal looking HOOU simply no bar code or date that I'm used to seeing. Often when redeeming I give 'em the entire folded BP anyway so perhaps this is something new and tied to your BP and SM account?

Or, more likely, Deltamatic is simply throwing a fit. My luck the FA will refuse to honor it but I'm still winning the UG lottery and hopeful it will become moot point...
This seems plausible. Since it has been detailed in the past two weeks on FT, I'll go ahead and point out that each HOOU coupon printed has a unique number and barcode on it.

I have long thought that this is a major loophole in the HOOU program, since an infinite number of HOOU coupons can be generated for each valid eBP segment.

Last edited by dcline414; Aug 4, 2012 at 7:36 pm
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
I got a HOOU last Monday and used it on DTW-ABE. I still have 4 left that I got as my PM mailing last Feb/March.
Old Aug 4, 2012, 7:45 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Platinum, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by GRALISTAIR
I got a HOOU last Monday and used it on DTW-ABE. I still have 4 left that I got as my PM mailing last Feb/March.
Good point. GM/PM/DMs receive a few coupons valid for use anytime within their elite-benefit year.

Of course, if you are an ATL-based GM who is very rarely upgraded, the non-BP HOOU coupons don't last very long. Especially if you are a segment-qualifier!
Old Aug 4, 2012, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM 1 MM; Hz PC
Originally Posted by dcline414
Good point. GM/PM/DMs receive a few coupons valid for use anytime within their elite-benefit year.

Of course, if you are an ATL-based GM who is very rarely upgraded, the non-BP HOOU coupons don't last very long. Especially if you are a segment-qualifier!
I changed company. When I was ATL based I could buy drinks on the plane and charge them to the company som my HOOU did not run out. My new company is not as generous on drinks but is good in other ways.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by johnslloyd
In my experience, if you are on a multi-segment flight and if one or more segs is in FC when you print your BP, you may not get the HOOU coupon. If you are not yet upgraded when you print your BP, you will get the coupon. This has been very consistent for me.
IME if you get any UG on any flight you get zilch. I've heard reports of people still getting them though. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.